Crime Alert Monitoring Center Receives CSAA Five Diamond Central Certification
January 25, 2012
The Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA), Vienna, Va., announced that Crime Alert Monitoring Center Inc., San Jose, Calif., received the prestigious “CSAA Five Diamond Certification.”
This Certification testifies that 100 percent of its central station operators achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station On-Line Operator Training Course. In order to achieve the “Five Diamond Certification,” every operator must have not only passed the course, but demonstrated:
• Proficiency in alarm verification, which helps reduce false alarms;
• Proficiency in communications with the Public Service Answering Points (PSAPs), such as the Emergency 911 Centers;
• Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, such as radio;
• An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire
Protection Association, and others; and
• Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
There are approximately 2,700 central stations in the United States, which communicate and interact with the law enforcement, fire and emergency service agencies. Of this group, fewer than one hundred fifty central stations have achieved the “Five Diamond Certified” status, the CSAA stated.