- Tri-Ed Distribution, Woodbury, N.Y., has appointed Bill Donahue as director of sales for the Western region overseeing all central and West Coast regional managers. Jay Heffernan is the new East Coast regional sales manager. As regional sales manager, Sally Lamori oversees California and Las Vegas branches. As a regional sales manager, Ken Cabler oversees Tri-Ed's Texas and Louisiana locations. Candi Hurtt will oversee western sales locations in Arizona, California and Oregon as regional sales manager. JT Jung will be Dallas branch manager. Vaughn Wells will be branch manager for Riverside, Calif. Avo Atolikian is new branch manager for North Hills, Calif. Rick Harrall is branch manager in San Antonio. Vernon (Sonny) Sampson is systems specialist for south Texas based in San Antonio. Tim Labenski is Buffalo, N.Y., branch manager. Dawn Mileo and Keith Daum have been promoted to sales and product marketing managers. Bob Gates joins Tri-Ed as business development manager. Steve Aswad is New Orleans branch manager. Sean Guilfoyle is Boston branch manager.
- Integral Technologies, Indianapolis, has appointed Mark Nazarenus director of marketing communications and John DiNapoli as director of product management. Nazarenus will be responsible for the overall direction of the marketing and communication efforts, including strategic planning, sales, support and training. DiNapoli's background is in software engineering management and sales and product management.
- Security Associates International Inc. (SAI), Arlington Heights, Ill., has hired Pieter vanSpronsen as director of sales training. He will be responsible for the ongoing training programs for SAI's authorized dealers designed to equip them with knowledge in the areas of sales, operations and management and supporting the national marketing of the program.
- DynaPel Systems Inc., Fort Myers, Fla., has signed a sales representative contract with LNR Security Inc. for the Latin American security market. LNR Security has an experienced sales team for the video security market in Latin American countries.
- National Guardian Security Services Inc., Norwalk, Conn., has appointed Bruce Pfaff as chief operating officer. Under the direction of company president George Flagg, Pfaff will oversee all aspects of National Guardian's operations, including customer service, installations and alarm monitoring. Pfaff has been active in the electronic security industry for the last 28 years.
- The Winsted Corp., Minneapolis, has promoted Brent Leimer to inside sales manager. Leimer will oversee the inside sales team as they work with clients to design video, security and command consoles based on unique project specifications.
- Alarm Capital Alliance (ACA), Woodlyn, Pa., has appointed Barry Russin as business development manager. He has 10 years of sales, marketing and sales training experience in the alarm industry. He also has provided consulting services for dealers focusing on strategic business development.
- The National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA), Irving, Texas, has appointed Georgia Calaway as director of communications, public relations and marketing and Jorge Rivas as director of chapter relations, membership and events.
- Naz Amirsoleymani has joined the sales force of Network Video Technologies (NVT), Menlo Park, Calif., as inside sales manager. She will be a key member of sales management and vertical market teams and support field personnel and manufacturers' representatives.
- GE Security, Bradenton, Fla., has received an Automated Best Value System medal, recognizing the company as one of the government's best suppliers for the past year, from the Defense Supply Center Richmond (DSCR), part of the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
- Rick Mohr has joined Indala Corp., San Jose, Calif., as western regional sales manager for North America.
- John Gehrlein, a national accounts representative at Guardian Protection Services, Pittsburgh, has been appointed president of the Professional Certification Board (PCB) of ASIS International.
- Staff changes at PSA Security Network, Denver, include Tracey Hups being promoted to marketing and events manager. Hups will head the marketing department and will direct all of PSA's marketing and brand management efforts, including the development of vendor promotional opportunities for PSA members.
- Jennifer Martin has been named director of vendor management and education. She will be responsible for evaluating which new vendors and technologies will deliver the most benefit to PSA's network of security systems integrators.
- Michelle Roddy has been named manager of customer relations. She will manage the customer service department, oversee the competitive bid program, and work closely with Rob Munro, vice president of sales, to train new members. Roddy also will ensure that customer service representatives and members alike are well-acquainted with both new and existing products and vendors.
October 1, 2005