Protecting critical infrastructure and large organizations â€” including their people â€” is a monumental undertaking that requires sophisticated, integrated security solutions to help mitigate vulnerabilities, comply with government regulations, and ultimately enhance business performance.
In order to partner with critical infrastructure end-users, systems integrators must be capable of delivering solutions that truly and effectively integrate security, communication and business systems under one management application. Facilities of this magnitude and of national importance must rely on integrators that can provide improved security response procedures and processes, financial benefits, and more effective and efficient management of day-to-day operations. Such complex, sophisticated security and business systems integration requires the following integrator capabilities:
- Experienced workforce with industry certifications (e.g. PSP, CPP), particularly qualified in large, intelligent and multi-layered security solutions;
- Vertical market expertise to fully understand and apply the industry-relevant nuances and government regulations to integrated security solutions;
- Commitment to broadening the product and solution portfolio through investments in research and development;
- Sufficient operational resources to support mission-critical, large-scale business environments, and to provide financing options for customers who must comply with unfunded government mandates;
- The ability to offer technologies that shift budget considerations from a capital expense to an operational expense; and
- The ability to offer creative financing options.
For critical infrastructure and other end-users who require complex security solutions, the integrator partner must fully understand the marketplace, government regulations, security risk profile, and business objectives to design and build a strategic, integrated security solution. With careful consideration, the decision to implement an integrated security solution can create business process efficiencies while enhancing physical security and compliance efforts.