Computer vision intelligence company Ambient.ai announced new threat detection and response capabilities, including the ability to identify weapons like firearms and knives and the precursors to high-severity incidents like unauthorized entry and crowd commotion. The update adds 25 new behaviors to a threat detection library that now encompasses more than 150 threat signatures. With Ambient.ai automated threat detection security and operations teams are alerted to threats in real time and can intervene before incidents escalate.
"High-severity incidents happen at a moment's notice,” said Shikhar Shrestha, CEO and co-founder of Ambient.ai. “Once a weapon is drawn, every second matters. When security teams are forced to react to security incidents after they escalate, they lose critical time in their response. Ambient.ai employs a near-human level of perception to continually monitor for and detect threats and early warning signs. When detected, security teams are alerted instantly, enabling them to respond ten-times faster, prevent acts of violence, and achieve better security outcomes.”
In addition to identifying the presence of a firearm, the update enables enterprises to immediately detect 25 new threat signatures across six distinct categories:
• High severity: person brandishing firearm or knife, sudden egress with alarm activated
• Alarm reduction: verify door held or forced open, invalid badge reading followed by tailgating
• Perimeter control: person jumping fence, loitering after hours, unauthorized vehicle in secure area
• Health and safety: person falling, large crowd forming, sudden egress
• IP and asset protection: unauthorized person in secure area, removing assets from secure area
• Unauthorized access: person tailgating, entering through propped door, loitering outside secure door
“With hybrid work driving changing work patterns and needs, Impossible Foods’ commitment to security depends on focusing on legitimate security threats and minimizing alarm noise,” said Brian Kellmann, director of security engineering & infrastructure, Impossible Foods. “Since our rollout with Ambient.ai, we have been able to enhance our threat detection capabilities and reduce false alarms by over 97 percent — representing a significant enhancement in overall security for the company.”
For more information, visit Ambient.ai.