Can Your Fire Alarm System Survive?
All Answers relate to NFPA 101, 2018 Edition
1. According to the 2021 Life Safety Code, the minimum clear width of new door openings shall be _________ inches.
2. The measurement for clear width of a door opening shall be with the door _____________-
A. opened enough for someone to get through
B. opened so that a wheelchair can pass through
C. leaf open 90 degrees
D. at least 8’0” in height
3. All locks, latches and all other fastening devices on a door leaf shall be provided with _________ and that is readily operated under all lighting conditions.
4. The releasing mechanism for locks and latches shall be located ______________.
A. between 34 and 48 inches above the finished floor
B. at least 36 inches above the finished floor
C. no less than 36 inches and no more than 54 inches above the finished floor
D. at a readily accessible location
5. An electrical lock utilized in a delayed-egress application shall deactivate allowing unobstructed egress upon ______________.
A. application of pressure greater than 25 lbf
B. force applied for more than 10 seconds
C. loss of power controlling the lock
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
6. Which of the following occupancies do not allow sensor-release of electrical locking systems?
C. Lodging or rooming houses
7. The maximum speed of a revolving door assembly that has an inside diameter of 8’6” shall be _________ rpm.
8. Locking of classroom doors shall be permitted provided that __________________.
A. the locking and unlocking of the door shall only be accomplished with a key
B. the releasing mechanism shall open the door leaf with not more than one releasing motion
C. the releasing mechanism for unlocking and unlatching shall be no more than 42 inches above the finished floor
D. remotely engaged locks shall be visually supervised at all times so that an override may be effectuated
9. In educational occupancies, elevator lobby exit access door assemblies shall not be permitted.
10. The requirements for a delayed-egress lock in an existing assembly occupancy is located in section ______________.
A. 2 of chapter 13
B. 6 of chapter 11
C. 2 of chapter 12
D. delayed-egress locks not permitted in assembly occupancy