Can Your Fire Alarm System Survive?
1. Cross zoning means programming two or more wireless sensors with the same ID number.
2 A mesh network combines the technologies of multiple manufacturers so that the chances of signal transmission success is increased.
3. Add-on devices to a wireless security system by their nature cannot be supervised.
4. End-of-line resistors serve no purpose other than on a UL-listed installation.
All of the following are acceptable alarm transmission methods today except ______.
A. Digital dialer
B. IP communicator.
C. Pre-recorded tape dialer
D. Cellular Radio
6 Battery calculations are not required on burglar alarm systems because there is no requirement for any extended operation after a power failure.
7. The widely accepted industry standard burglar alarm panels are manufactured to meet is ___________.
C. NFPA 731
8. A residential sprinkler system may be connected to a residential burglar alarm panel if it is ____________
A. Equipped with a sprinkler system zone
B. Equipped with a dual line dialer
C. Listed for household fire service
D. Capable of 24-hour standby power and 5 minutes of alarm time
9. In order to measure the resistance of an alarm circuit, the technician would need a _________.
C. Amp meter
10. Two-wire residential smoke detectors must be wired with ______________.
A. Connect batteries in series
B. Use a larger battery charger
C. Connect batteries in parallel
D. Use a larger trasnformer