Distributor ScanSource Inc., Greenville, S.C., announced its newest business unit, ScanSource Services Group (SSG).
SSG focuses solely on the creation and implementation of unique and custom value-added support programs and services for ScanSource’s reseller partners. The group manages a variety of affordable services that resellers can use to extend their capabilities and increase their profits during their solution sale.
In support of that charter, SSG announced several new offerings designed to help resellers strengthen their businesses.
• Expanded support of solution configuration, integration and activation for the mobility devices resellers are selling today, including tablets.
• Avaya IP Office R8.1 Custom Configuration — Resellers have access to complete configuration and integration for the newest IP Office release, enabling them to receive the product fully configured and integrated, or ScanSource Services Group engineers can program the solution, based on customer specifications.
• New marketing services, including on-demand video presentations for resellers to add to their websites, and co-brandable videos from ScanSource’s vendor partners.
• New training classes for resellers of Avaya Aura enterprise communications platform which are held across the country on a weekly basis.
• Avaya Networking Enablement Program, which allows Avaya voice resellers not yet certified in Avaya data to build their data practice with the assistance of SSG’s design architects, system engineers and sales resources.
SSG is led by Mike Burns, who was recently named president of the business unit. Burns previously served as vice president of ScanSource, where he led the company’s OUI Managed Services business unit.
“We are very excited to have a business unit that is solely focused on delivering industry-leading professional services, education and training, and marketing support to our reseller partners,” he said.
For information, visit www.ScanSourceServices.com.