Resideo Technologies Inc. announced new capabilities for its security and home automation solutions at ISC West 2022. Named and designed for the professionals it serves, the ProSeries platform offers Resideo's largest range of supported home solutions in one modular, scalable system.
"Resideo is a pioneer in the home security and life-safety industry, and we continue to develop our next wave of connected home technology to help homeowners feel safe and secure,” said Matthew Robbins, vice president global product management, integrated home & building solutions at Resideo. “Resideo is focused on expanding our award-winning, end-to-end platform and ecosystem to deliver a differentiated smart home for our security dealers and to help them protect what matters most.”
The latest firmware update includes:
• Dealer branding is now available on the ProSeries panels, touchscreens and Resideo's Total Connect 2.0 app to help increases awareness with end users.
• Customized voice descriptions offer end-users increased personalization and the ability to uniquely identify areas of the home or business – a first in the industry.
• A Google Assistant integration offers simple voice control and now available on ProSeries A7 Plus.
• Self-help videos for end users are easily accessed through a QR code and help provide immediate help for end users.
• Increased flexibility during installation is made possible as the ProSeries panel serves as a Wi-Fi access point for connecting touchscreen keypads.
The Brilliant Smart Home System is now compatible with Resideo's most popular security platforms, including Lynx and Vista security systems, in addition to its ProSeries Security platform, which was announced last year. The Lyric system integration is expected to be available later this year.
Brilliant is a first third-party touchscreen system that can arm and disarm Resideo’s security system. For example, Resideo’s Total Connect 2.0 platform-users can arm and disarm their Resideo security system from their in-wall Brilliant Smart Home Control or their Brilliant mobile app. The status of the Resideo security system and Total Connect cameras can also be displayed on the Brilliant Smart Home Controller.
With the integration, Brilliant now supports:
• Resideo life safety statuses, including fire, carbon monoxide and medical alarms.
• Resideo Z-wave device integrations, such as lights, locks, plugs, and switches.
• Home automation scenes that combine Resideo security system integrations with a range of smart home products controlled by Brilliant including garage openers, window shades, sound systems, and more.
Brilliant already integrates with Resideo’s Honeywell Home smart thermostats and its WiFi Water Leak & Freeze Detector, and additional system integrations are planned later this year. Wholesale bundles of Resideo and Brilliant smart home products will be made available to dealers via ADI Global Distribution – a Resideo company and the leading global wholesale distributor of security and smart home products.
For more information, visit www.resideo.com.