The Security Industry Association (SIA) introduced a new logo representing the beginning of a new era for the association, according to a press release. Within the past year, the Security Industry Association (SIA) has undertaken several major projects that will shape its future, including buying Securing New Ground and helping to establish Security Week, as well as expanding its international presence and forming the Ashlar Foundation.
The new SIA brand can be viewed here. The staid vertical rectangle is gone, replaced by a dynamic and multi-faceted image, each component of which conveys meaning related to the association’s mission, SIA stated.
- The shield represents protection and defense, both in terms of security companies offering protection to their users and SIA defending the business interests of its members.
- The eagle symbolizes the strength that comes from good security and SIA’s support.
- The laurels denote the leadership SIA provides in its service to the security industry.
- The stars represent SIA’s five core areas of Education, Government Relations, International Relations, Research and Standards.
- The compass points are indicative of SIA’s global reach and influence.
As for the Latin phrase at the bottom of the logo, “virtus per securitatem” translates to “strength through security.”
SIA members can request a SIA Member logo to put on their websites and in their newsletters and printed collateral to display their affiliation with SIA.