HID Global, Irvine, Calif., announced it has been selected to supply the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) with additional FARGO® HDP5000-LC ID Card Printer/Encoders that include customized enhancements for large government project requirements as well as a comprehensive set of Genuine HID services. The primary use of the HDP5000 printer/encoder will be to support the DoD’s Common Access Card (CAC) program, one of the largest printing programs in North America with more than 3 million technology cards produced annually.
The U.S. Department of Defense has utilized HID Global’s High Definition Printing™ (HDP®) technology for more than 10 years. It adopted the advanced FARGO HDP5000-LC printers in 2007 and has selected the printers for follow-on purchases in 2012 to complete the update of the remaining DMDC mobile and shipboard CAC personalization systems. The HDP5000-LC is being sold and supported by system integrator Telos Corporation of Ashburn, Va.
“As a supplier to the U.S. Department of Defense, HID Global is pleased to continue the business relationship we have fostered with the DoD and Telos, and we look forward to providing card personalization solutions to them for years to come,” said Anthony Ball, senior vice president, Identity and Access Management with HID Global. “The fact that HID Global continues to be the de facto choice for the DoD’s printer program is a testament to the proven quality, reliability and performance of the FARGO HDP5000 and our commitment to delivering the highest quality products, solutions and support to the U.S Department of Defense and other government customers.”
Historically, HID Global’s FARGO HDP5000 has proven to be a cost effective, highly durable and easy-to-maintain solution in a wide range of field environments, HID Global shared in a press release. The HDP5000 includes features that meet the specific DoD requirements, including advanced security options and modular components for scalability. Features include:
• Dual-sided card printing option to double the available print area without manually reloading cards.
• SmartScreen™ LCD Control Panel for helpful status messages and prompts.
• Cartridge-based, high-yield consumables mean faster loading, and eliminate the need to hand-spool ribbon materials.
• OMNIKEY® contactless encoder embedded in each printer extends the use of the system for printing converged physical and logical access cards, helping to meet HSPD-12.
• USB and Ethernet connectivity are standard, plus the HDP5000 includes an internal print server for secure network printing.
For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.