Nortek Security & Control LLC’s GoControl® line includes DIY-oriented smart home products for both retail and installer channels. Based on technologies and standard protocols like Z-Wave® and Wi-Fi, several of the products were successfully test marketed in 2014, and the full family of smart products will be available under the GoControl brand and other brands beginning Q1 2015. The GoControl line will focus on high consumer interest smart home categories and will include solutions for connected lighting control, climate control, home security sensors, remote garage door management and more.
“Our new GoControl line is a unique portfolio of ‘do-it-yourself’-oriented, broadly compatible branded and white labeled smart products that are easy enough for the retail market and sophisticated enough for the professional installer-centered channels,” said Rob Halligan, vice president of marketing, Nortek Security & Control. “Our agnostic approach to platforms and protocols bridges the walls of smart home compatibility, enabling GoControl products to work with our own best-selling control platform 2GIG®, those of our partners, and with many of the most popular control platforms in the market today.”
Halligan continued, “By having such an open and ubiquitous approach, the GoControl family of smart products is ideally suited for the growing retail market where such intelligent home products are integrated into existing systems over time, as well as the professionally installed security channel where a system-based approach is taken. In both cases, the ease of GoControl smart products is a strong advantage, affording quick onboarding and intuitive control with low, post-sale support requirements.”
GoControl products showcased at CES:
· GoControl Thermostat Line (NEW) A full line of smart thermostats delivering a breadth of options and connectivity with most home control systems. The line includes Z-Wave® and Wi-Fi connectivity options, enabling a range of markets to be addressed, including retail, security, HVAC, custom installation and DIY.
· GoControl Bulbz Smart Light Bulb (NEW) A Z-Wave enabled LED smart bulb that’s dimmable up to 100 levels. The instant-on, screw-in bulb provides soft-white illumination equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb and provides one of the simplest and most affordable intelligent lighting solutions available.
· GoControl Wireless 3-Way Light Switch (NEW) Allows remote ON/OFF control and dimming of up to five other Z-Wave controlled lights. DIY consumer and installer friendly, it can serve as a virtual 3-way switch and be wired anywhere power is available without the need for a traveler wire.
· GoControl Garage Door Controller (NEW) Allows users to open, close, and monitor sectional garage doors from anywhere using a mobile device or other Z-Wave controllers.
· GoControl Home Security Starter Suites (NEW) Turn your Z-Wave hub into a self-monitored, wireless home security system. Two suites, standard and premium, include a mix of door-window and pet-friendly motion sensors for complete area protection and a loud siren with flashing light which warns when the alarm has been activated.
Nortek Security & Control will also be showcasing smart products from its sister Nortek companies, including:
· Broan Sensonic Audio Fan (NEW) — A quiet, powerful ventilation fan with built-in, out-of-sight wireless speakers. The effective, extremely quiet ventilation fan clears humidity and odors quickly, and the Bluetooth-compatible speaker enables wireless music on the spot.
· Panamax Power360 Smart Power Strips (NEW) — From the leader in custom install power solutions, Power360 maximizes the lifetime of electronics with best in class power and surge protection, plus innovative and convenient USB charging options optimized for mobile devices.
· Speakercraft AIM Series 2 Architectural Speakers (NEW) — The first-ever ARC Tweeter Array plus innovative Acoustic Isolation Technology combine for incredibly accurate performance. The multiple tweeter design delivers high frequencies farther into the listening area than conventional designs.
· Sunfire XTEQ Premium Subwoofers (NEW) — The smallest subwoofers in its class, complementing the most challenging home theater designs. Delivered by proprietary amplifier technology and extreme low frequency output, it delivers deep bass that you can actually feel.
Also showcased at CES from Nortek Security & Control and sister company Core Brands LLC will be the two primary professionally installed smart control platforms:
· 2GIG Home Control System from Nortek Security & Control — for wireless security and home control for the security channel. 2GIG is a security-anchored control system that also works with a range of smart products, such as thermostats, lights and more.
· Elan g! g1 Entertainment Control System from Core Brands — for whole home entertainment control and automation for the higher-end custom installation channel. Built on the same ELAN® control platform as the brand’s flagship controllers, the g1 delivers scalable whole home automation for the price of a universal remote.
For information, visit www.nortek.com.