Milestone Systems, an open platform company in networked video management software (VMS), concluded a series of regional partner and customers events for 2018 with MIPS (Milestone Integration Platform Symposium) in Las Vegas on February 21. The three events gathered 1,509 attendees and 90 exhibitors, and the theme was how Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be the next market disruption for video technology. Milestone Systems also took the opportunity to award partners for their contributions to the community over the past year.
MIPS 2018 celebrated its 13th anniversary, and the 2018 events were the second time for the events to be held in APAC, EMEA and the Americas. Milestone Systems’ top management presented products and platform initiatives for 2018, including the technology game-changers they see impacting the industry. The importance of co-creation with the partner community was highlighted as a key enabler for success.
Artificial Intelligence Will Disrupt Our Industry
With every device being a sensor, and technologies connecting them in new ways, the amount of data keeps growing. This requires more efficient ways to translate data into intelligence for taking faster decisions both for making the world a safer place, and for moving beyond security into many improvements for video business systems.
On stage at MIPS Americas, Tanmay Bakshi, Algorithmist, author, Watson & cognitive developer at IBM, spoke about how AI equals IA (Artificial Intelligence = Intelligence Augmented), where the technology actually helps humans become more intelligent by supplementing human analysis, planning and decision-making. “AI will amplify human beings to new heights,” Bakshi said.
A number of other prominent speakers in Hanoi, Barcelona and Las Vegas shared their views on intelligent video systems that can support people and organizations in making sense of the rapidly increasing influx of data. Presenters included, among others: Louis Richardson, chief storyteller, IBM Watson; Dr. Shiliang Pu, director & chief expert, Hikvision; Monica Wang, Senior analyst video surveillance, IHS Markit; and Ben Hammersley, futurist and global digital leader, Hammersley Futures.
Enrichment of Partner Community
The Milestone Systems community events in Hanoi, Barcelona and Las Vegas brought together 1,500 integrator and technology partners to discuss combining human and Artificial Intelligence to create an intelligent world.
To Milestone Systems the community of partners is the all-important foundation of the business model. To recognize this officially, Milestone Systems celebrated the annual top performances in sales, marketing, technology, collaboration and innovation for these categories: camera partner, solution partner, technology partner, distribution partner, channel partner and installation of the year.
“It’s been an honor to host MIPS 2018 for our entire community of partners in the APAC, EMEA and Americas regions. With 1,500 attendees, we created a forum to discuss innovative technologies and how we take the next steps toward creating an intelligent world together,” said Kenneth Hune Petersen, chief sales & marketing officer, Milestone Systems.
The following awards honored top collaborations and achievements over the previous year:
APAC (Asia Pacific)
- Camera Partner of the Year APAC: Axis Communications
- Solution Partner of the Year APAC: Promise Technologies
- Technology Partner of the Year APAC: iCetana
- Installation of the Year APAC: Infosys Technology Ltd.
- Distribution Partner of the Year, India: Atos
- Distribution Partner of the Year, SPAC: Video Security Product
- Distribution Partner of the Year, North Asia: Securex
- Distribution Partner of the Year, South Asia: Digitalcom
- Channel Partner of the Year, India: Sigmabyte
- Channel Partner of the Year, South Asia: CVP Technology System
- Channel Partner of the Year, North Asia: UltraOne Technologies
EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- Camera Partner of the Year, EMEA: Bosch Security Systems
- Solution Partner of the Year, EMEA: HERTA
- Channel Partner of the Year, Mideast, Africa, DACH: Al Fahad
- Channel Partner of the Year, No./South Europe: ESSC
- Channel Partner of the Year, Eastern Europe: Aspect North
- Distribution Partner of the Year, EMEA: NIT
- Installation of the Year, EMEA: Eiffel Tower
- Technology Partner of the year, EMEA: DELL
AMERICAS (North, Central & South America)
- Camera Partner of the Year, Americas: Bosch Security Systems
- Solution Partner of the Year, Americas: Lenel
- Technology Partner of the Year, Americas: Seneca
- Distribution Partner of the Year, Americas: Anixter – North/South America
- Distribution Partner of the Year, USA: ADI – USA
- National Partner of the Year, North America: Siemens
- Installation Partner of the Year, USA: Security Hunter, Social Security
- Installation Partner of the Year, West: Reece Complete Security Solutions
- Installation Partner of the Year, East: Presidio
- Installation Partner of the Year, Canada: JCI Ontario
- Installation Partner of the Year, LatAm: Securitas Argentina
- Stellar Customer Collaboration of the Year: Vicente Lopez, Argentina