SIA Women in Security Forum Breakfast Featuring Juliette Kayyem
Join the Security Industry Association (SIA) Women in Security Forum for a breakfast event at ISC West with special guest Juliette Kayyem, a national leader in America’s homeland security efforts.
- When: Friday, April 12, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Where: Sands Expo Center, Galileo Room 1001-1004
- Cost: Free
Kayyem previously served as President Obama’s assistant secretary for intergovernmental affairs at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick’s homeland security advisor. Today she serves as CEO of ride-hailing transportation company Zemcar and regularly speaks on homeland security and emergency preparedness topics.
What Is the Women in Security Forum?
The Women in Security Forum is a group for both women and men with the goal of supporting the involvement of women in the security industry.
SIA’s Women in Security Forum works to:
- Advocate for advancement and build confidence in the workplace
- Connect women in the industry
- Develop recruiting efforts for next-generation female professionals and leaders
- Initiate ongoing dialogue between male and female leaders to enhance mutual understanding
- Identify platforms that can provide visibility for women
- Create opportunities for women to work together and be at the forefront of a major initiative
Key forum efforts include the Progress Award, which celebrates individuals who advance opportunities and pave the way to success for women in the security industry; SECURE Perspectives, a monthly column featuring women in the industry in partnership with Security Sales & Integration; and exciting networking events and thought leadership opportunities.
To learn more about the Women in Security Forum, visit securityindustry.org/women or contact SIA’s Kim Landgraf at email@example.com.