Visit this week with the new Open Security & Safety Alliance (OSSA), a non-profit, non-stock corporation formed to outline specifications for a common standardized platform for security and safety solutions.
Alongside founding members Bosch Building Technologies, Hanwha Techwin, Milestone Systems, Pelco™ by Schneider Electric and VIVOTEK Inc., the Alliance is accessible to everyone and growing rapidly with new members interested in evolving as the IoT unfolds.
OSSA was formed in reaction to today's market characterized by the continued evolution of the Internet of Things and the aggregation of data. Security and safety solutions are fragmented due to the lack of a collaborative approach to common challenges including cyber security and common operating systems. This is holding back innovation and seamless integration. To add real value for customers, the market needs a new direction and a truly open platform business model and framework that will enable the industry to focus on advancing and developing new applications.
Together, OSSA members are providing standards and specifications for common components including an operating system, IoT infrastructure, collective approach for data security and privacy, and a drive for improved levels of performance across products, solutions and services.
OSSA member organizations can be found throughout the ISC West show floor:
• Anixter, Inc. (Booth 16039)
• Bosch Building Technologies (Booth 11053)
• Hanwha Techwin (Booth 14079)
• Milestone Systems (Booth 18053)
• NetApp Inc. (Booth 24117)
• Pelco™ by Schneider Electric (Booth 20031)
• Security & Safety Things GmbH – SAST (Booth 10073)
• Socionext Inc. (Booth 32107)
• United Technologies (Booth 18019)
• VIVOTEK Inc. (Booth 12089)