IDIS is supporting affordable and straightforward return-to-work steps with its new AI Box (DV-2232) for COVID-19. Powered by the IDIS Deep Learning Engine and compatible with IDIS Deep Learning Analytics (IDLA), the AI Box for COVID-19 is a simple add-on appliance that’s compatible with existing IDIS network cameras and DirectIP NVRs, eliminating the need for complex analytics software or edge VA devices.
The IDIS AI Box for COVID-19 includes functions for social distancing adherence, people counting and occupancy control, crowd detection, mask detection and dashboard and reporting tools that are critically important for compliance. These practical deep learning-based features support safe working practices which help prevent the spread of the coronavirus and other infections.
Users can take advantage of four advanced video analytics functions simultaneously across 32 channels and each camera stream, making the cost-effective IDIS AI Box adaptable for all sizes of business. Users also benefit from a perspective view, giving superior analysis compared to top view analytics cameras and ensuring that each camera provides exceptional surveillance for security, safety and data intelligence.
IDIS AI Box advanced video analytics enables some of the most important counter-infection measures:
- People Counting & Occupancy Monitoring — counts the number of people coming in and out of premises (stores, banks, pharmacies and busy commercial sites, for example) showing the status of occupancy in real-time. Using cameras positioned at entrances and exits, the IDIS AI Box generates precise AI-assisted alerts to overcrowding, with real-time calculations to underpin occupancy control interventions. For retail customers, dashboards positioned at store entrances use a simple 3-step traffic light system to automate the admissions and flow in and out. In addition, the dashboards show estimated wait times at peak periods and allow retailers to customize the displays with company logos and promotional graphics.
- Social Distancing — detects distances between individuals and sends an alarm when a defined distance is violated. Users can configure event notifications to issue verbal reminders and select from five spacing sensitivity levels depending on local state, industry or sector-specific requirements.
- Crowd Detection — alerts building and store managers to overcrowding in pre-selected zones and triggers event alarms every time bottlenecking or overcrowding occurs.
- Face Mask Detection — detects people wearing a mask or not wearing a mask, giving users the ability to configure and trigger event alarms and issue verbal reminders accordingly.
- Reporting — comprehensive reporting tools are provided for all four of these video analytic functions. They provide data analysis, including people counts and occupancy, along with any violations, by time, day and month for accurate and required recordkeeping. This data can also be exported to Excel spreadsheets for easy referencing.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has tested everyone’s resilience,” says Andrew Myung, president, IDIS America. “Now, as businesses look towards the re-opening phase, they’re facing a new set of challenges meeting the guidelines and mandates that have been set to help prevent further spread of the virus. IDIS has developed credible and practical safety solutions, with automation that improves operating efficiency and technology that avoids the cost of hiring additional manpower or redeploying existing staff to higher-risk frontline roles.”
For more information about IDIS technology and solutions, visit www.idisglobal.com.