Test Your Knowledge on Access Control Basics
1. When installing a REX at a door this would mean you installed:
A. Returning execution command
B. Request to exit device
C. eader for exit only
D. All of the Above
E. None of the Above
2. A “door open” contact when referred to in access control is:
A. usually an optional device
B. Used to generate an alert if the controlled door remains open
C not necessary in distributed systems
D. installed in the access control panel door to detect someone opening the panel.
E. part of the alarm system
3. What is a Biometric Reader?
A. Device that reads thefinger print of a person
B. Device that read the geometry of the hand of an individual
C. Device to scan the retina ofan individual
D. Device that can recognize a person by listening when the person speaks
E. All of the above
4. A __________ is a form of gate which allows one person to pass at a time. It can also be made to enforce one-way traffic of people. In addition, it can restrict passage only to people who insert a coin, a ticket, a pass, or similar.
C. Barrier Bar
D. TSA Door
5. The easiest type of access device control to defeat is a:
A. magnetic lock
D. Sheer lock
E. None, they are all designed to restrict access
6 A _____________ is a plunger that must be manually extended and withdrawn.
B. Dead latch
C. Latch bolt
D. Throw bolt
7. A ___________ is a spring loaded plunger that automatically locks a projected latch bolt when it is depressed.
B. Dead latch
C. throw bolt
D. hatch bolt
8. A relay controlling the lock must be located within ____________ feet of the lock itself
C. connected to the fire department
9. Which of the following applications is delayed egress prohibited?
A. New Assembly
B. New Mercantile
C. New Business
D. Existing Health Care
10. The inability to go through the same door twice without being reset at another door is called:
A. Verified Response
B. Automatic lock/unlock
C. Anti passback
D. Dual verification