Security integrators had a tough challenge in 2021 and continuing in 2022 — supply chain shortages and rising and/or constantly changing pricing. These difficulties make it critical for them to choose manufacturer and distributor partners that can support them, keep their projects flowing as close to on-time and on-budget as possible, and help them overcome both these and the more common hurdles involved in security integration projects. The 100 security integrators featured in the 2022 Top Systems Integrators Report use a wide variety of different companies to stay successful.
SDM asked each of the 2022 Top Systems Integrator companies to disclose the top manufacturers and top distributors that earn their business, based on volume purchased. The resulting lists below were the companies most often cited.
These brand-usage lists were compiled from the 2022 Top Systems Integrators Report. Of the 100 companies ranked on the Top Systems Integrators Report, 86 of them provided information about their top manufacturing partners, and 85 listed their top distributors. SDM combined all of their responses, and ranked the manufacturers and distributors by the number of mentions each received, with the manufacturer or distributor receiving the greatest number of mentions listed first, and so on. After the top 12 manufacturers and top six distributors, mentions were distributed fairly equally among a broad number of suppliers.
Top MANUFACTURERS Used by the Top Systems Integrators
- Johnson Controls Inc. (includes the brands of DSC, Qolsys, Software House and Tyco)
- Honeywell (includes the brands of Honeywell Security, Notifier, Silent Knight, and System Sensor)
- Digital Monitoring Products (DMP)
- Carrier (includes LenelS2)
- Motorola (includes the brands Motorola, Avigilon Corp., and Pelco)
- Stanley Security (includes the brands of Sonitrol and 3xLogic)
- Brivo/Eagle Eye
- ACRE (includes the brands Feenics, RS2, and Vanderbilt)
- Axis Communications*
*Two-way tie for this position
Security integrators ranked on the Top Systems Integrators Report were asked to name their top three manufacturers in order of volume purchased from them. Their answers were compiled, and companies were ranked in order of how frequently they were cited. The top 12 vendors are presented here.
Top DISTRIBUTORS Used by the Top Systems Integrators
- Anixter, part of Wesco (includes brands of Anixter, CSC, Tri-Ed Distribution, and Wesco)
- PSA Security Network
- Stanley Security/Sonitrol
- Alarmax Distributors Inc.
These are the top six distributors supplying the 2022 Top Systems Integrators. Distributors are listed in order of how frequently they were cited by the integrators.