A shortage of cybersecurity resources in the marketplace, rising compliance requirements, and increasing cybersecurity budgets are just some of the factors in place for well-positioned security integrators to expand their service offerings.
On Nov. 15, SDM will host a webinar focusing on the fundamental cybersecurity needs of a physical security system and how integrators can create their own baseline standard to begin offering cybersecurity services to their clientele. Audience members will learn how to assess cyber-related products and services, examine lessons learned, and best practices for establishing and implementing a cybersecurity program.
Our expert panelists will include:
- Paul Schmick , senior vice president of security & technology, Alliance Security. In his role, Schmick serves as the chief operations and technology officer with responsibilities over Alliance’s guarding division, consulting and risk management programs, and the company’s security technology portfolio of managed service offerings which includes surveillance, access control, intrusion detection, bio-metric, and cybersecurity technology platforms.
- Jesse Nercessian, executive director of product management & global security services, Johnson Controls. Nercessian has spent most of his last 15 years at the intersection of emerging technologies and the smart-building industry, holding a range of product & commercial leadership roles within both Fortune 100 and start-up environments. He leads product management for Johnson Control’s digital service portfolio of cyber-physical security offerings, with a focus on helping customers derive greater value from their connected building technologies.
This free webinar will begin at 2 p.m. EST. A question and answer period will follow the presentations. Schmick and Nercessian will discuss a range of topics, including:
- How cyber is enabling integrators to create customer-centric outcomes and the role that convergence and partnership play in this.
- The importance of cybersecurity and the integrator’s responsibilities in educating end users about associated risks.
- How to establish a cybersecurity baseline of best practices and policies.
- How security integrators can leverage their role as trusted advisors with end customers and expand their service offerings to encompass cybersecurity measures.
For more information and to register, go here.