SIA Appoints New Slate of Industry Group Chairs
- Kim Loy, Group 4 Technology, has been appointed chair of the Access Control Industry Group.
- Bill Spence, Recognition Systems, has been appointed vice chair of the Biometrics Industry Group.
- Ray Canalas, American Dynamics/ TYCO, has been appointed chair of the CCTV Industry Group.
- Don Taylor, Dedicated Micros USA Ltd., has been appointed vice chair of the CCTV Industry Group.
- Bill Nuffer, Deister Electronics, has been appointed vice chair of the Systems Integration Industry Group.
â€œI am looking forward, as the CCTV IG chair, to working towards the goal of the SIA CCTV Industry Group being used as a resource for the industry,â€ Canalas said. â€œThis would include aids for the techs, salespeople, dealers, integrators, law enforcement, and people doing research on the CCTV industry. I would like us to get to a point where CCTV is accepted in the public arena more readily, and try to find ways to dispel the old â€˜big brotherâ€™ is watching paradigm. As long as it is not abused, the public use of CCTV could benefit us all.â€
For more information on the work of SIAâ€™s Industry Groups, contact Cathy Mrosko at (703) 683-0121 or visit www.siaonline.org.