On the enforcement side, uncertified firms which provide these services are subject to penalties up to $37,500 per violation, per day. More than meeting a requirement, however, individual and firm certification can also differentiate one company from another as well as display a commitment to safe homes and housing.
1. Identify the health problems associated with disturbing lead based paint or LBP.
2. Outline why the EPA issued its 2008 rule requiring lead-safe work practices.
3. Determine how the EPA rule affects your work and how to set up a work area to contain dust and debris and simplify clean up.
4. Understand how to train workers you supervise so they follow the rules, clean up lead-based dust and properly dispose of waste.
1. Demonstrate practical steps to avoid making dust that may contain lead.
2. Demonstrate methods to contain any dust you create when disturbing old paint.
3. Demonstrate how to clean-up dust that is not contained.
4. Understand the documentation process to confirm accurate work practices.
5. Understand work practices that will keep renovators safe and reduce liability exposure.