During the NFPA Association Technical Meeting in Las Vegas, 20 NFPA documents were presented for action. The following action took place on NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code.
• 72-1 Motion to Accept Comment 72-6 passed.
• 72-2 Motion to Return a portion of a Report in the form of an Identifiable Part of Proposal 72-187b and related Comment 72-169c was not pursued.
• 72-3 Motion to Accept Comment 72-182 passed.
• 72-4 Motion to Accept Comment 72-186 failed.
• 72-5 Motion to Reject an Identifiable Part of Comment 72-169c passed.
• 72-6 Motion to Reject an Identifiable Part of Comment 72-251 passed.
• 72-7 Motion to Accept Proposal 72-343 failed.
• 72-8 Motion to Accept Proposal 72-346 failed.
• 72-9 Motion to Accept Proposal 72-348 was not pursued.
• 72-10 Motion to Accept Comment 72-304 failed.
• 72-11 Motion to Reject an Identifiable Part of Comment 72-352 passed.
• 72-12 Motion to Accept Comment 72-367 failed.
• 72-13 Motion to Accept Comment 72-388 failed.
• 72-14 Motion to Return a portion of a Report in the form of Proposal 72-564a and related Comment 72-415 was not pursued.
• 72-15 Motion to Accept Comment 72-441 passed.
• A Follow-Up Motion was made in response to the passage of 72-3 to Return a portion of a Report in the form of a Proposal 72-187a and related Comments 72-179 through 72-182. This Follow-up Motion passed.
NFPA 72 was passed with seven amending motions (which includes one follow-up motion). Look for upcoming explanations on the changes and what they mean for you at SDMMag.com.