Action on NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
During the NFPA Association Technical Meeting in Las Vegas, 20 NFPA documents were presented for action. The following action took place on NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code.
• 72-1 Motion to Accept Comment 72-6 passed.
• 72-2 Motion to Return a portion of a Report in the form of an Identifiable Part of Proposal 72-187b and related Comment 72-169c was not pursued.
• 72-3 Motion to Accept Comment 72-182 passed.
• 72-4 Motion to Accept Comment 72-186 failed.
• 72-5 Motion to Reject an Identifiable Part of Comment 72-169c passed.
• 72-6 Motion to Reject an Identifiable Part of Comment 72-251 passed.
• 72-7 Motion to Accept Proposal 72-343 failed.
• 72-8 Motion to Accept Proposal 72-346 failed.
• 72-9 Motion to Accept Proposal 72-348 was not pursued.
• 72-10 Motion to Accept Comment 72-304 failed.
• 72-11 Motion to Reject an Identifiable Part of Comment 72-352 passed.
• 72-12 Motion to Accept Comment 72-367 failed.
• 72-13 Motion to Accept Comment 72-388 failed.
• 72-14 Motion to Return a portion of a Report in the form of Proposal 72-564a and related Comment 72-415 was not pursued.
• 72-15 Motion to Accept Comment 72-441 passed.
• A Follow-Up Motion was made in response to the passage of 72-3 to Return a portion of a Report in the form of a Proposal 72-187a and related Comments 72-179 through 72-182. This Follow-up Motion passed.
NFPA 72 was passed with seven amending motions (which includes one follow-up motion). Look for upcoming explanations on the changes and what they mean for you at SDMMag.com.