The Electronic Security Association (ESA) had its first open call for SECURE+ Award entries, which were accepted through December 2012 and were open to SECURE+ member companies. The awards will demonstrate how security systems with enhanced features have helped customers protect, control and connect their homes, families and businesses.
In its inaugural year, the awards program recognizes real-life examples of how qualifying SECURE+ members are making their customers’ lives not only safer and more secure, but simpler, more energy-efficient and more convenient. Winners will be announced at the ESA Leadership Summit, Feb. 18-21, 2013, in Orlando, Fla. in five SECURE+ categories:
• The Life Safety Award, showing how an integrated electronic security system with enhanced features has helped save a customer’s life or prevent a devastating loss.
• The Peace of Mind Award, recognizing the most dramatic use of an electronic security system using interactive or enhanced services and monitoring from remote devices combined with intrusion, fire and toxic gas detection.
• The Protect and Connect Award, exhibiting the best use of interactive services in an intrusion scenario including alarm activation during a robbery, burglary or break-in.
• The Sustainable Lifestyle Award, demonstrating the energy or resource conservation abilities of an integrated electronic security system with enhanced features.
• The SECURE+ I Love My Pet Award, acknowledging the best use of an electronic security system with enhanced features in caring for a beloved animal.
“This is an opportunity for SECURE+ companies to showcase the terrific job they are doing for customers needing security and who also want to use technology to connect and control every aspect of their busy lives. The awards are a compelling way to feature the enhanced and interactive services our members are providing to consumers and business owners across the country,” said Merlin Guilbeau, ESA executive director and chief executive officer.
For information, visit www.secureplusweb.org.