Clare Controls Now Shipping ClareHome v2
Clare Controls, Sarasota, Fla., a provider of home automation systems, is now shipping the next generation of its ClareHome automation system to its authorized dealers.
ClareHome v2 further leverages Clare’s cloud-based project management capability, with improvements to the Fusion Configuration Tool that make projects of all sizes and complexities even easier to configure, the company described in a press release. Additionally:
- Version 2 provides native support for the Clare Controls app, Clare’s “People Over Places” user interface. Empowered by the app, ClareHome users create and modify personalized control spaces without their integrators’ assistance.
- Updates to the cloud-based Fusion Configuration Tool’s driver library include a number of new two-way IP-based integrations, mainly to support entertainment functionality.
- The v2 release introduces support for Clare’s new Linux-based controller, giving dealers a cost-effective addition to the original highly-scalable Mac mini controller. The new controller pairs perfectly with Clare’s iMR, an integrated multi-room audio solution that offers studio-quality sound performance for four or six zones while fitting into a standard structured wiring panel. Featuring D-Class amplification and CobraNet technology, Clare’s iMR busses beyond six zones via simple Ethernet connectivity.
- ClareHome v2 includes the genesis of Z-Wave support, opening a rapidly-expanding universe of services to projects integrated under ClareHome. Water valves and Schlage door locks are available immediately, with thermostats/humidistats and more to follow.
- ClareHome v2 furthers Clare’s mission to optimize dealer efficiency while giving users as much control as possible over their own interfaces. The iMR and the Linux-based controller are cornerstones of the ClareHome Builder’s Program, in which Clare’s dealers leverage targeted support and volume discounts to capitalize on the growing demand for home automation in the mainstream market by partnering with local builders.
“I think the new version is great--it’s just a huge step forward,” said Keith Clausen of Pinnacle Home Technologies, a key participant in ClareHome v2’s Beta trials. “When I made suggestions, Clare was very attentive, and very receptive to the feedback I was providing. As a guy from an IT background,” he added, “I can’t tell you how refreshing it is to work with a company that’s really listening to what’s going on in the field, and works with us to respond quickly with fixes and enhancements that make us more efficient.”
For more information on Clare Controls and ClareHome v2, visit www.clarecontrols.com.