AT&T Security Solution Now Commercially Available
Company releases details on pricing structure and available plans for Digital Life
After a nearly year-long pilot program, AT&T Digital LifeSM is available for the first time in 15 markets: Atlanta, Austin, Texas, Boulder, Colo., Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia, Riverside, Calif., San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis and select areas of the New York and New Jersey metropolitan area. AT&T Digital Life senior vice president, Kevin Petersen, reiterated plans to introduce Digital Life in up to 50 markets by the end of 2013.
The company also released details on its pricing structure. Customers can choose from two base plans: Simple Security, which is the company’s basic home security package; or Smart Security which includes enhanced security features and the option to add home automation.
- Simple Security - Includes 24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment and installation.
- Smart Security - Includes the benefits of Simple Security plus a choice of three of the following features: motion sensor, carbon monoxide sensor, glass break sensor, smoke sensor or takeover kit. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment and installation.
Customers who select Smart Security can add these automation packages:
- Camera Package - $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Energy Package - $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Door Package - $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Detection Package - $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Control Package - $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
AT&T Digital Life is an all-digital, fully integrated, wireless home management system. The foundation of the offering is complete home security with 24/7 professional monitoring through two AT&T-owned and operated monitoring centers in Dallas and Atlanta. Customers can purchase Digital Life regardless of their wireless or wireline broadband provider.
Part of the company’s edge, in addition to its existing customer base, is that AT&T Digital Life can be ordered completely online, in an AT&T store, over the phone, or with an in-home sales consultant.
The Digital Life application is available on most Web browsers and apps are available for iOS, Android smartphones and Windows phones. The app gives customers control over cameras, door locks, lights, thermostats, small appliances and more by setting alerts or programs to manage your home. It’s all integrated into one simple system.
“AT&T’s Digital Life service is fully featured with one of the market’s best selection of pre-packaged bundles and connected devices. With straightforward and competitive prices, the AT&T value proposition will leave the company in a good position to capture market share in the growing connected home market,” said Larry Hettick, Contributing Analyst, Consumer Services, Current Analysis.
For information, visit www.att.com/digitallife.