After a nearly one-year-long pilot program, AT&T Digital LifeSM is available today for the first time in 15 markets. They are Atlanta, Austin, Texas, Boulder, Colo., Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia, Riverside, Calif., San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis and select areas of the New York and New Jersey metropolitan area. AT&T Digital Life senior vice president, Kevin Petersen, reiterated plans to introduce Digital Life in up to 50 markets by the end of 2013.
The company also released details on its pricing structure. Customers can choose from two base plans: Simple Security, which is the company's basic home security package; or Smart Security which includes enhanced security features and the option to add home automation.
- Simple Security - Includes 24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment and installation.
- Smart Security -Includes the benefits of Simple Security plus a choice of three of the following features: motion sensor, carbon monoxide sensor, glass break sensor, smoke sensor or takeover kit. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment and installation.
Customers who select Smart Security can add these automation packages:
- Camera Package -View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Energy Package -Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Door Package -Allow a pet sitter or repairman into your home remotely with automated door locks, or check to see whether your garage door is open or closed for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Detection Package -Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Control Package -Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
AT&T Digital Life is an all-digital, fully integrated, wireless home management system. The foundation of the offering is complete home security with 24/7 professional monitoring. Through two AT&T-owned and operated, monitoring centers in Dallas and Atlanta, professionals will respond to emergencies and alert police and fire authorities. Customers can purchase Digital Life regardless of their wireless or wireline broadband provider.
“We know how important security is to our customers, and this was our top priority when we set out to build Digital Life,” Petersen said. “People rely on their mobile devices more than ever, so Digital Life offers an easy and convenient way to secure their homes, protect their families and simplify their lives from virtually anywhere.”
Part of the company’s edge, in addition to its existing customer base, is that AT&T Digital Life can be ordered completely online, in an AT&T store, over the phone, or with an in-home sales consultant.
The Digital Life application is available on most web browsers and apps are available for iOS, Android smartphonesand Windows Phones. The app gives customers control over cameras, door locks, lights, thermostats, small appliances and more by setting alerts or programs to manage your home. It’s all integrated into one simple system.
“AT&T’s Digital Life service is fully featured with one of the market’s best selection of pre-packaged bundles and connected devices. With straightforward and competitive prices, the AT&T value proposition will leave the company in a good position to capture market share in the growing connected home market,” said Larry Hettick, Contributing Analyst, Consumer Services, Current Analysis.
For information, visit www.att.com/digitallife.