Women’s Security Council to Honor 2014 Women of the Year
The Women’s Security Council(WSC), a network of successful security professionals focuses on promoting the advancement of women in the industry, has announced its 2014 Women of the Year, who will be honored in a ceremony this evening at Dal Toro at the Palazzo.
WSC created the annual Women of the Year program to recognize the top female professionals in the security industry in a variety of categories.
This year’s 2014 Women of the Year honorees include:
- Kelly Bond, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Alarm Capital Alliance
- Silvia Fraser, manager, corporate security, City of Toronto
- Jean Gordon Kocienda, global threat analyst, Cisco Systems
- Christine Lanning, president, Integrated Security Technologies
- Lindsay Martin-Nez, vice president of sales, BadgePass
- Rose M. Miller, director of protective services, MedStar Washington Hospital
- Nancy Royalty, operations manager, Sonitrol of Evansville
The 2014 Women of the Year were chosen from a wide array of nominees, with each nominee ranked based on industry and work experience, volunteer roles within the industry and their specific communities, and industry reputation.
“The experience and drive of this year’s award winners are impressive,” said Rhianna Daniels, director of WSC, and managing director of CompassPR. “We are proud to celebrate these individuals for their accomplishments as leaders in business, technology visionaries and women who make a difference in our communities.”