Nest Products Now Sold by All 11 Members of Catalyst AZV Distribution Network
Catalyst AV, a nationwide distribution network of specialty products that serves more than 15,000 integrators from 15 regions in the US, announced that all of its 11 member companies are now selling the Nest Learning Thermostat™ and Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide™ alarm. Both devices have received critical acclaim for their functionality, design and performance merits.
The Nest Learning Thermostat remembers what temperatures homeowners like, creates a custom schedule for the home, and turns itself down when everyone is away. Once it learns the home’s schedule, Nest can help reduce heating and cooling bills by as much as 20 percent. It can also be adjusted from anywhere using a smartphone, tablet or computer.
The Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide alarm does more than just sound a shrill alarm when there’s danger in the home. It uses human voice notifications to tell customers where the danger is and what the problem is. And before it sounds a piercing alarm, Nest Protect gives a friendly Heads-Up. It even integrates with mobile devices and sends messages if the batteries run low, avoiding that all-too-familiar midnight low-battery chirp. It also has a Pathlight that glows white to light the way in the dark as customers pass below it.
”Nest is a building-block manufacturer that aligns with Catalyst AV’s vision for the future of wireless integration technology,” says Steve Presti, principal of Easy Access Distribution and board member of Catalyst AV Distribution Network. “There are plenty of profit opportunities out there for the professional integrator to focus on broad-based energy management and home awareness products and Nest brings those products to the market today.”
“Both Nest and Catalyst AV are dedicated to providing professional integrators with the products and support necessary to execute their jobs with confidence,” said Gene LaNois, general manager, professional channel, Nest. “We are excited to work with Catalyst AV’s broad distribution networks to strengthen their offering and make Nest products more accessible to homeowners across the country.”
Catalyst AV is currently comprised of 11 privately-owned distribution companies:
- Allnet Distributing (www.allnetdistributing.com) (Midwest)
- Audio Video Warehouse (www.av-warehouse.com) (Nevada, Arizona)
- Custom Partners (www.custompartners.com) (Metro-NY)
- CustomPlus Distributing (www.customplusdistributing.com) (No. CA/ Pacific NW/ AK)
- Easy Access Distribution (www.easyaccessdistribution.com) (Northeast)
- Electronic Lane Distributors (www.electroniclane.com) (Southwest)
- Electronics Source (www.electronics-source.com) (Florida and Southeast)
- HCA Distributing (www.hcadist.com) (Rocky Mountains)
- Pioneer Music Company (www.pmcav.co) (Plains States)
- SPD (www.soundproductdistributing.com) (Upstate NY)
- Tech Source Distributors (www.techsourcedist.com) (Mid-Atlantic)