Lutron Expands Connected Home Capabilities with New Third-Party Device Support for Smart Bridge Pro
A smarter and more connected home experience is right in the palm of your hand
A smarter and more connected home experience is right in the palm of your hand according to Lutron Electronics, Coopersburg, Pa., a manufacturer of energy-saving, wireless lighting and motorized shade controls. The company announced support of several devices for the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro and the Lutron app — its new wireless, connected home solution for controlling lights, shades, and temperature.
The Lutron Smart Bridge Pro and app connect Lutron’s Caséta® Wireless dimmers, Pico® wireless remote controls, Serena™ and Sivoia® QS Triathlon® remote-controlled shades, and other third-party devices, while providing convenient home control from any iOS or Android™-based smart phone or tablet, or a remote control.
The Lutron Smart Bridge Pro, which uses Lutron’s proprietary ClearConnect® Wireless technology, plugs easily and directly into a home’s Wi-Fi router. Installed and set up in less than 30 minutes, the product sends wireless, radio frequency (RF) communication signals to compatible devices inside the home.
Lutron has announced the addition of Lutron Smart Bridge Pro-Compatible Products:
- The Alarm.com smart phone app provides control of both Caséta Wireless dimmers and Serena shades from the Alarm.com app and as part of a security event. If the alarm is tripped, Serena shades will rise and lights will turn on, drawing attention to the situation.
- The telligent™ wireless dimming LED bulb by GE® is embedded with Lutron’s ClearConnect Wireless technology and controlled by a Pico wireless remote. This indoor LED lamp is great for retrofit applications – the bulb screws into the socket just like a standard bulb. The dimming capability is built into the bulb itself and the Pico remote controls up to 10 light bulbs, providing instant dimming. This product will be available for shipment in early 2015.
- Honeywell® Wi-Fi thermostats — Consumers can conveniently raise the temperature a few degrees before they arrive home, adjust it to just the right level while they’re watching TV, or control the temperature when they’re away. They can also adjust the system mode (heating, cooling, auto, fan on/off) all from within the Lutron app.
- The LaunchPort® with Buttons from iPort® adds the power and compatibility of a Pico wireless remote control to a LaunchPort iPad® mini Sleeve. The button’s function is independent of the iPad itself and operates as a five-button Pico remote, offering All On/Off, Fade Up, Fade Down, and a programmable Favorite setting.
- Remote Technologies Incorporated® (RTI) — Integration with RTI wired and wireless control products, and central processors provides an integrated control solution in residential or commercial environments. Lower the shades, dim the lights, and start the movie with one simple button press. Pause the movie and lights will turn on to a slightly brighter level, creating an integrated, and elevated, user experience.
- Savant — Lutron is proud to be an Elite Partner in the new Savant Certified Partner Program with certifications for Caséta Wireless, RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS systems. These Lutron products can be controlled via Savant’s homeowner interface, called the Single App Home, offered through both an iOS™ and Android™ app.
“Dealers can now deliver a more robust, yet affordable, connected home experience,” said New Business Alliances Director Mark Jenner at Lutron. “Aligning with these brands enhances Lutron’s connected home experience with added security, convenience and comfort,” he said.
The Lutron Smart Bridge Pro is available now with a $200 suggested list price, while the Lutron Caséta Wireless package, featuring a Pico remote control with a dimmer (either wall or lamp), has a suggested list price of $80. Serena remote controlled shades start at $349.
The free Lutron app is available on the App Store and Google Play™.