Applicants from leading systems integration, architecture, design, engineering and consulting firms are invited to submit case studies from successful projects which had safety and security front and center in planning and execution.
The National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4) at The University of Southern Mississippi and SDM have once again partnered to sponsor the 2015 “Golden Eagle Award,” which recognizes excellence in system integration, architecture, engineering and/or construction (A/E/C) specifically related to the safety and security of spectators, property and infrastructure of spectator event facilities. The Golden Eagle Award will consider the critical design and functionality elements that enable and promote the safety and security of all stakeholders in an efficient and effective manner.
A panel of judges will review all applications and choose the most compelling projects. Selected entries will have the opportunity to submit case studies during the annual National Sports Safety and Security Conference at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel on July 6-9, 2015, in Orlando, Fla. The winning submission will be selected as the 2015 Golden Eagle Award recipient at the Awards Luncheon, which will also take place during the conference.
Components of the program that applicants will provide and that judges will be considering include:
- What problem or situation was presented to your organization to solve?
- What was your solution, specifically related to design and technology?
- Relevance to the sport industry.
- Effectiveness and efficiency of the solution in solving the identified problems/issues.
- The solution’s ability to contribute to the balance of the fan experience with safety/security.
- The use of creativity, innovation, and technology in a way that leads the industry forward.
- The venue’s return on investment (ROI) realized from this installation.
- Document that it has been successful, including an endorsement from the venue/customer.
- Submit a 600-word case study about the project.
To participate, interested applicants should complete an online application and submit by May 15, 2015. Only NCS4 conference registered exhibitors may apply. For more information or to apply for the Golden Eagle Award, visit https://www.ncs4.com/conference.