The National Center for Spectator Sports and Security (NCS4) and SDM are seeking entries for the second annual “Golden Eagle Award,” which honors excellence in design and innovation in sport venue security integration.
A panel of judges will review applications, which are available at www.ncs4.com/conference/awards, and choose the most compelling projects as finalists from the entries they receive. The finalists will be invited to submit case studies from successful projects and present them to attendees at the annual NCS4 Conference. Finalists’ case studies also will be published at www.SDMmag.com and at the conference, to be held July 8–10, 2014, at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis, where one submission will be selected as the Golden Eagle Award recipient at an awards luncheon.
Judges will consider a number of components of the award application, including:
- What problem or situation was presented to your organization to solve?
- What was your solution, specifically related to design and technology?
- Relevance to the sports industry
- Effectiveness and efficiency of the solution in solving the identified problems/issues
- The solution’s ability to contribute to the balance of the fan experience with safety/security
- The use of creativity, innovation, and technology in a way that leads the industry forward
- The venue’s return on investment (ROI) realized from this installation
- Document that it has been successful, including an endorsement from the venue/customer
- A 600-word case study about the project
Those interested in consideration for the Golden Eagle Award should visit www.ncs4.com/conference/awards to download the application, which must be submitted by April 30. Those selected to submit case studies will be notified no later than May 19.