Icontrol Makes Home Automation Easy and Cost-Effective for Independent Dealers with Introduction of Icontrol One
Icontrol Networks, Redwood, Calif., announced the availability of Icontrol One, a solution tailored for the needs of independent security dealers. Greg Reports told SDM the security dealers should be aware that it is the only solution that offers the same high-performing platform of a large service provider that can be easily used by all dealers. Icontrol One was designed to help independent dealers meet the growing demand for professionally-installed home automation and security systems.
“We think it is imperative that dealers embrace home technology as part of their security offerings,” said Roberts. “Consumers expectations are changing and they are expecting a home automation element to their home security systems. We’ve developed Icontrol to make it easy for the dealer.”
According to Parks Associates, 65 percent of security systems installed in the last year included interactive services; a separate Parks Associates study found that selling remote monitoring and smart home services with a security system brings higher upfront revenues and an average of $14 more recurring monthly revenue (RMR) per household.
With over 14,000 independent home security dealers, Icontrol can now offer the dealer with a platform and versatility that makes it easy for dealers to offer. The Icontrol One is a module with a 3G radio, as well as Z-Wave and Wi-Fi. With the 2G sunset coming soon, dealers will have to upgrade millions of home security panels.
“The upcoming sunset of 2G wireless technology coupled with consumer trends moving away from landline phones and towards automation presents an opportunity. Now, dealers can easily upgrade their customers to 3G and home automation at the same time,” said Bob Hagerty, chief executive officer of Icontrol Networks. “Research from groups like ABI has shown that dealers need to take advantage of interactive technology to keep and gain market share through the end of the decade.”
Added Roberts, “With Icontrol One, dealers don’t have to put in a big server. We are compatible with the panels in the marketplace and it takes the barriers out for dealers – they can easily offer this solution. We are not asking the dealer to change its security panels – we are merely adding features on top of that panel to make it easy to adopt.” Icontrol will demonstrate Icontrol One at ISC West at booth #35087.
Key features of Icontrol One include:
• Immersive HD video, mobile optimization and award-winning features like Home View 3D, which provides an intuitive and interactive 3D view of the home.
• Compatibility with the majority of panels on the market today, and a cost effective upgrade module that contains 3G, Z-Wave and Wi-Fi, all for less than the cost of many traditional standalone radios.
• Extensive tools and resources designed to enable dealer success: face-to-face and video training; a dedicated call center directly supporting field installs; marketing and business development tools; end-user guides and platform customization guides; fast installation and provisioning via tablet or phone; partnerships with top distributors and Central Monitoring Stations; and a platform hosting service.
• An open, standards-based platform designed to integrate with today’s industry-leading smart devices as well as the emerging smart devices of the future.
• Enterprise-class reliability and performance. Icontrol One leverages the technology platform that has been proven in some of the largest home automation deployments in the world.
• Highly flexible configuration options that allow homeowners to select the right solution for their needs and budget.