The Women’s Security Council (WSC), a network of successful professionals focused on promoting the advancement of women in the security industry, presented its 2015 Women of the Year Awards at an event held at Delmonico’s at the Venetian last evening.
The 2015 Women of the Year honorees are:
- Kirsty Bradley-McMurtrie, director, safety and security, College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
- Ellen Cargill, chief technology officer, Scallop Imaging
- Andrea Ferrando, industry vice president and show director, Expo Seguridad Mexico
- Victoria Ferro, president, Micro Key Solutions
- Christie Hamberis, vice president of merchandising, ScanSource Security
- Vivian Hodges, global procurement manager, Northland Control Systems
- Barbara Holliday, director of dealer services, Monitronics
- Shannon Kenney, program manager, corporate security, Emergency and Protective Services, City of Ottawa
- Irene Lam, vice president of research and development, and engineering, Tyco Security Products
- Jill Lloyd, president, Lloyd Security
WSC created the annual Women of the Year program to recognize the top female professionals in the security industry in a variety of categories. The 2015 Women of the Year were chosen from a wide array of nominees, with each nominee ranked based on industry and work experience, volunteer roles within the industry and their specific communities, and industry reputation.