National Monitoring Center’s California and Texas Headquarter Facilities Obtain CSAA Five Diamond Certification
July 28, 2016
The Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) International announced that the National Monitoring Center locations in Lake Forest, Calif., and Irving, Texas, has obtained the CSAA Five Diamond Central Station Certification.
This certification testifies that 100 percent of the company’s central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station On-Line Operator Training Course. These courses cover virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communications centers. This critical area of communications is the life-saving link between the residential or business properties and the law enforcement, fire and emergency services in local areas.
In order to achieve the Five Diamond Certification, each operator must have not only passed the course, but demonstrated:
- proficiency in alarm verification, which helps reduce false alarms;
- proficiency in communications with public service answering points, such as the Emergency 911 centers;
- knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radio;
- an understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others; and
- proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
In addition, Five Diamond companies have demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their local community and their customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to 100 percent quality operator training.
Of the approximately 2,700 central stations in the United States, fewer than two hundred central stations have achieved Five Diamond Certified status.
“Achieving the Five Diamond Central Station Certification validates all of the hard work and forward-thinking philosophy of our company,” said Woodie Andrawos, president of NMC. “NMC’s mission is to provide the highest degree of technology, customer service and CSR training for the benefit of our dealers, and the CSAA certification signifies our commitment to remain the nation’s premier central station.”