IoT research firm Parks Associates announced that the 21st-annual CONNECTIONS: The Premier Connected Home Conference will take place May 23-25 at the Hyatt Regency, San Francisco. The conference focuses on the changing consumer IoT markets for the smart home, connected entertainment, digital health, smart energy, and mobile apps and services.
“As connected devices proliferate, consumers are shifting behaviors and finding value in new features, functions, and services,” said Stuart Sikes, president, Parks Associates. “The industry is in a transformative phase, moving from standalone devices to devices integrated into a system that can leverage cloud-based connectivity to bring new value and new use cases to consumers. In the past year, voice control features from products such as Amazon Echo and Google Home have demonstrated new possibilities for transforming connected device user experiences. Consumers are embracing these innovations and quickly developing new use cases, signaling the beginning of another major shift in technology adoption. CONNECTIONS will focus on IoT as the change agent for consumer engagement.”
CONNECTIONS will feature three preshow research workshops highlighting new data from Parks Associates’ research team as well as insights from industry leaders. The Parks Associates analyst team will moderate all event sessions, sharing new consumer data and highlighting trends, evolving business models, and new technologies advancing the reality of the connected home.
Keynote Speakers Include:
• Matt Eyring, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, Vivint Smart Home
• Kristine Faulkner, Senior Vice President / General Manager, COX Homelife, Cox Communications
• Innovations in Entertainment Services
• Auto Industry Transformation - Lessons and Opportunities for IoT Players
• Connected CE Strategies: Building Product Ecosystems
• Connected Entertainment Next Stages of Growth
• Connected Health and IoT: Next Stages of Growth
• Energy Management Solutions: Moving the Market Forward
• From Hospital to Home: Partnering for Success
• Independent Living and Caregiving Market
• Industry Insights: The Evolution of the Business of Entertainment
• Insurance Strategies for Disruptive Consumer IoT Markets
• Integrating Connected Health into the Smart Home
• IoT and the Smart Home – Investments; Start-ups; and Growth
• IoT Monetization Models: Building a Mass-market Smart Home
• Protecting Consumers: Privacy and Device Security
• Smart Home and IoT: Insights: Growth and Business Models
• Smart Home and IoT: Distribution and Channel Strategies
• Smart Home and IoT: Next Stages of Growth
• Smart Home Platforms: Revolutionizing the Consumer Experience
• Tech Support: Big Data to Power the User Experience
• The Future for the Connected Consumer
• Emergence of Virtual Reality – Platforms; Services; and Content
Parks Associates is also hosting three pre-show research workshops on May 23:
• Smart Home and IoT: Growth, Consumer Trends
• Connected Health and IoT: Technology Innovators and Disruptions
• Connected Entertainment: Evolving Platforms and Services
More than 700 executives will attend CONNECTIONS from the IoT industries, new media, digital entertainment and gaming, home networks, Internet and television services, software and middleware, smart home, digital health, insurance, mobile applications and services, consumer electronics, home control systems and security, technical support, and energy management.
To download the past CONNECTIONS Event Summary visit www.connectionsus.com.