SIA Welcomes New Chairman, Announces Executive Committee and New Board Members
The Security Industry Association (SIA) welcomed a new chairman and new directors to the SIA board of directors during ISC West 2018 in Las Vegas.
The SIA board of directors ratified the selection of Scott Schafer, principal at SMS Advisors LLC, as SIA chairman of the board during an organizational meeting of the board held at ISC West.
“I thank the Security Industry Association for entrusting me with the responsibilities of SIA chairman of the board,” Schafer said. “As a longtime member of SIA, I understand the value the association has delivered to its members the importance of driving even more value though great execution of our strategic plan going forward. I would like to thank Denis Hebert for his many contributions to SIA during his term as chairman. We look forward to his future engagement with the SIA board.”
Following the ratification, the SIA executive committee for 2018 now includes:
- Chairman: Scott Schafer, SMS Advisors
- Vice Chairman: Dan Moceri, Convergint Technologies
- Treasurer: Rich Cillessen, Siemens Industry
- Secretary: Pierre Trapanese, Northland Controls
- Immediate Past Chairman: Denis Hebert, Feenics
The SIA membership ratified new voting members of board of directors (listed alphabetically by last name):
- Scott Dunn, senior director, business development solutions & services, Axis Communications
- Janet Fenner, director, business development, Dahua Technology
- Mike Foynes, senior director, global security, Microsoft Corporation
- John E. Mack III, executive vice president, co-head of investment banking, Imperial Capital LLC
- Tom Nakatani, vice president, IT, customer monitoring technology, ADT
The full list of SIA board members is available at https://www.securityindustry.org/about-sia/board-of-directors/. The chairman and directors of the SIA Board serve two-year terms.
“SIA members will continue to be well represented through an impressive set of directors who are well respected within the global security industry,” said SIA Chairman Schafer. “Collectively, these leaders will help SIA navigate through emerging opportunities and challenges while ensuring that the association’s programs and events are achieving their full potential for all of our members.”