Life safety and fire protection company CertaSite announced today that CertaSite Serves, its charitable giving arm, has collected more than 7,300 pounds of food and essential items as part of a recent companywide food drive. The items will be delivered to food banks and community organizations in nine local markets where CertaSite has offices.
The food drive was launched in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and more than doubled its original goal of 3,600 pounds of food and essential items.
“I’m so proud of our team, as well as our customers and community members, for stepping up and supporting our neighbors during a challenging time that has impacted every American,” said Jeff Wyatt, CEO of CertaSite. “It’s clear our people have the hearts for this kind of work, and the commitment to show our communities that we are more than fire extinguishers. We are a compassionate hand to those in need.”
The following partners are the recipients of the donations:
• Food Gatherers, Ann Arbor, Mich.
• Mid Ohio Food Bank, Columbus, Ohio
• Fulton Food Pantry, Fulton, Ill.
• Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes, Kalamazoo, Mich.
• Feeding America West Michigan, Grand Rapids, Mich.
• Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank, Kent, Ohio
• United Methodist Church of Rimersburg, Rimersburg, Penn.
• Toledo Northwestern Ohio Food Bank, Toledo, Ohio
• Second Helpings, Indianapolis, Ind.
CertaSite Serves also collected monetary donations for its partner organizations. For every new follower on Facebook and LinkedIn, CertaSite donated $1 toward the local community to buy more food.
“At our core, our company’s purpose is to protect and enhance as many lives as possible,” Wyatt said. “CertaSite Serves supports this purpose by expanding our impact beyond the life safety systems that we install, inspect, repair and maintain. We’re here to offer a helping hand and provide a meaningful impact to our neighbors in need.”