Per Mar Security Services, a provider of total security solutions for residential and commercial clients based in Davenport, Iowa, received Five Diamond Certification from The Monitoring Association (TMA). Five Diamond Certification is granted to monitoring centers that meet five points of excellence:
- Commitment to ongoing job-related education and testing by having 100 percent of its monitoring center operators certified using the TMA online training series on industry best practices.
- Commitment to random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized testing laboratory such as FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL and UL.
- Commitment to raising the industry standards through TMA membership and participation in its activities.
- Commitment to reducing false dispatches.
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service.
TMA Five Diamond designation means, in particular, that Per Mar has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their local community and their customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to quality operator training. Operators serve as the link between residential or business properties and the police, fire and emergency services in local areas.
TMA Monitoring Center Operator course covers virtually all phases of monitoring center communications with customers, police, fire and emergency services communications centers. In order to achieve the Five Diamond designation, each and every operator must not only pass the course, but demonstrate:
- Proficiency in alarm confirmation process, which helps reduce false alarms.
- Proficiency in communications with Public Service Answering Points (PSAP), such as the emergency 911 centers.
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including, cellular, radio and internet communication systems.
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others.
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
There are approximately 2,700 monitoring centers in the United States that communicate and interact with police, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than 200 monitoring centers have achieved the Five Diamond designation, setting these companies apart.