Initiated by the Canadian Security Association (CANASA) to highlight new security product development in Canada, the Dealerâ€™s Choice Awards recognize new security products showcased by exhibitors at the Security Canada International Security Conference and Exposition. On October 19, 2005 CANASA executives, members, exhibitors and attendees gathered at the Toronto Congress Centre to celebrate the eighth annual Dealerâ€™s Choice Awards participants.
In 2005 there were new product entries for the Dealerâ€™s Choice Awards from the following companies:
- RBH Access Technologies Inc.,
- i3DVR International,
- RCI Rutherford Controls,
- Genetec Information Systems,
- Panasonic Canada Inc., and
- Digital Security Controls Ltd. (DSC).
These companies made presentations to a panel of seven judges who represented different segments of the security industry and collectively have more than 140 years of experience.
The Dealerâ€™s Choice Awards ceremony was launched by CANASA national president Kim Schellenberg, moderated by Ed Fitchett, president of CANASAâ€™s Ontario chapter, and wrapped up by CANASA executive director Tracy Cannata.
The winners of the 2005 Dealerâ€™s Choice Awards are:
- RBH Access Technologies Inc. for the URC-2000, a rack-mountable, high-density controller with distributed intelligence. Larry Turnbull, regional marketing manager, accepted the award on behalf of the company.
- Panasonic Canada Inc. for the new Super Dynamic III cameras â€“ surveillance cameras that â€œthinkâ€ and â€œactâ€ on their own. Regional sales manager Marquis Jacques accepted the award on behalf of the company.
- Digital Security Controls Ltd (DSC) for the TL 250D, which enables enterprises to now have ULC-listed security without the costs of DVACS lines. Sascha Kylau, product manager, accepted the award on behalf of the company.