IP cameras are being connected to an enterprise network VLAN. VLAN host addresses can be assigned by:
- Factory Preset
- a & b.
Cisco video encoders can be viewed using DVTel software.
Class “C” addresses are used for multicasting.
You’re in front of a network-connected computer. What command tests that host for network communication capability?
- Tracert 192.168.1.1
- test 255.255.255.255
- ping 127.0.0.1
- nslookup -x
For best results, cameras using video analytics should be mounted so that targets to be analyzed move toward or away within the camera’s field of view.
All Ethernet networks can be used for multicast transmissions.
Routers connect (choose two):
- Hosts to a LAN
- LANs to WANs
- LANs to LANs
- Fiber to Copper UTP Ethernet
An acceptable percentage of data packet loss is:
- > or = 10%
- 5% or less
- 40% or less
Network latency can be tested using:
- a stopwatch
- Ping -t command
- nslookup command
- arp table
The quickest method for switches to pass data is:
- Store & Forward
- Turbo Packet
- Clear Channel
When comparing two similar network video streams, JPEG files are typically larger than MPEG files.
Network switches use _____________________ to find addresses on their network.
- Broadcast requests
- Filter tables
- Router Roulette
- Access Lists
- a. & b.
Which type of ISP service typically has equal amounts of upload and downloading bandwidth?
- Cable Modem
Using a CAT5 jumper on a CAT6 UTP cabling link will provide what level of per-formance?
The viewed image of a network camera can be improved by changing the compression settings of the device.
Some network cameras and encoders can be powered over existing network cabling by using _________ technology.
- Loop Current
- DC Express
- Line carrier
Network security video must be viewed over a PC or laptop computer.
A hybrid network camera provides
- multiple network video outputs.
- an analog and network video output(s).
- dual analog video outputs.
- local recording of network video.
All network devices will accept a temporary local IP address from a DHCP server.
Internet IP addresses can be either static or dynamic.
Wrong DeviceThe user on network A cannot access the IP camera connected to network B. The user has the correct IP address and connection port information. What’s wrong with this network configuration?
Subnet Mask IssuesUser C can access the video from camera D, while users A and B cannot. All users have the proper IP address to reach the camera. What’s the problem?
Answers on page 22.
20 answersHere are the answers to20 Questions about IP Video Networks, which appear on pages 19 and 20.
- d – VLANs can typically work with either static local IP addresses, or issue dynamic addresses.
- False – Most vendors’ encoder/camera and viewing software packages will not allow the viewing and/or manipulation of a different vendor’s encoders or devices.
- False – Multicast IP addresses are Class D.
- c – Pinging 127.0.0.1 tests the NIC within a PC for network functionality.
- False – Most video analytics work best when the targets (people, vehicles) move laterally across the field of view.
- False – To use multicasting, the routers in a particular network must have IGMP capability.
- b and c – Routers connect one separate network to another, so the connections can be between two LANs or a LAN and a WAN, such as the Internet.
- c – Within a local network, there should be no packet loss between devices. Over the Internet, packet loss will occur.
- b – Latency is the time it takes for a packet to travel from one device to another on a network, or over the Internet. Long latency can cause delayed video or interruption of security video viewing.
- c – Enterprise switches have various settings for how data packets are forwarded. The Cut Through method only reads the leading address header of a packet and sends it to the appropriate MAC address. Other methods read part or all of the complete packet, and provide a slower data throughput.
- True – JPEG produces larger files than MPEG, and requires larger storage capability and increased network bandwidth.
- e – Switches list the MAC addresses of devices connected to them on their filter table.
- c – T-1 connections provide 1.54 Mbps upload and download bandwidth between the client and their ISP.
- c – Installation companies should be careful to match UTP cabling and jumpers to the specifications of the existing cabling for maximum performance.
- True – Manipulation of the compression and frames per second (fps) settings in a network camera or encoder can improve the viewing experience of a video stream.
- d – Power over Ethernet (PoE) is an IEEE-standardized method that provides 48-VDC/350 mA onto the same two pairs used to transmit 10/100 Ethernet.
- False – Many vendors provide camera/encoder/decoder systems, with encoded network video streams being directed to a decoder, which converts the stream into an analog output.
- b – Hybrid cameras provide an analog output for connection to an existing analog CCTV system, while providing separate network video outputs for local or remote viewing.
- False – Some devices do not have the capability of accepting a DHCP address.
- True – Just as on a local network, Internet IP addresses can be assigned either statically or dynamically.