Thinking of a New or Upgraded Office Recycling Program?
Here’s a great place to start.
The Green Biz breaks down recycling in multiple ways, including offering an action plan, warning of some of the “reality checks” you should know when starting a program, and offers other great resources including:
- Sustainable Procurement of Wood and Paper-based Products gives paper purchasers the questions and considerations they need to take into account to understand the impacts of their paper choices.
- A Field Guide: Eco-Friendly, Efficient and Effective Print by Monadnock Paper gives a quick overview of the various paper options, as well as how to reduce paper when designing and printing.
- Environmental Defense's Paper Calculator measures the impacts of different paper choices, and provides side-by-side comparisons of different options.
- The Environmental Paper Network includes additional analysis on the benefits of recycled paper, case studies on paper reduction and related resources.
- The Paper Consumer's Guide to Climate Changeexplains how the paper industry can affect the climate, and how companies can make better paper choices.
- Recycled Paper Coalition is a coalition of businesses that make a commitment to use recycled paper and purchase recycled paper products. Web site has useful glossary of terms, publications and links to recycling and buy-recycled information.
- Earth's 911 Lists resources in each community for various environmental efforts, including paper recycling.
- U.S. Conference of Mayors, Office Paper Recycling Project promotes office paper recycling through various programs, including National Clean Your Files Day.