Security systems integrators manage a diverse set of projects with demanding requirements. Their suppliers play a chief role in helping them meet those requirements and exceed their customers’ expectations. Integrators carefully select their suppliers, looking for those who will strengthen their efforts in selling and implementing physical security and related solutions.
So, which manufacturers and distributors are behind the Top Systems Integrators, supporting them with the products, solutions and services that have helped make them successful?
SDMasked each of the 2014 Top Systems Integrator companies to disclose the top three manufacturers and top three distributors that earn their business, based on volume purchased. The resulting lists, below, demonstrate that these integrators rely on a wide variety of suppliers with a wealth of resources.
These brand-usage lists were compiled from the 2014 Top Systems Integrators Report. Earlier this year, integrators were instructed to list their top three suppliers (both manufacturers and distributors, unprompted) in order of volume purchased from them. Of the 117 companies ranked on the Top Systems Integrators Report, 99 of them provided this information. SDMcombined all of their responses, and ranked the manufacturers and distributors by the number of mentions each received, with the manufacturer or distributor receiving the greatest number of mentions listed first, and so on. (Note that the larger systems integration companies were less likely to provide this information than the smaller companies.) n
Top 15 Manufacturers Used by the Top Systems Integrators
- UTC Fire & Security (includes the brands of Edwards Systems Technology, Interlogix, Lenel)
- Tyco(includes the brands of American Dynamics and Software House)
- Honeywell Security & First Alert Professional
- Digital Monitoring Products (DMP)
- Honeywell Life Safety (includes the brands of Fire-Lite Alarms, Gamewell-FCI, Notifier, Silent Knight, System Sensor)
- Stanley Security / Sonitrol
- Axis Communications
- Pelco/Schneider Electric*
- Bosch Security Systems
- HID / ASSA Abloy
- S2 Corp.
*three-way tie for this position
Asked to name their top three manufacturers in order of volume purchased from them, these are the top 15 vendors supplying the Top Systems Integrators. Manufacturers are listed in order of how frequently they were cited by the integrators.
Top 13 Distributors Used by the Top Systems Integrators
- Anixter / Clark Security Products
- PSA Security Network*
- Communications Supply Corp. (CSC), a subsidiary of WESCO Int’l
- Ingram Micro*
- Windy City Wire*
- Alarmax Distributors Inc.
- Systems Distributors Inc. (SDI)
- Security Equipment Supply (SES)
- Systems Depot
*tied for this position
Asked to name their top three distributors in order of volume purchased from them, these are the top 13 vendors supplying the Top Systems Integrators. Distributors are listed in order of how frequently they were cited by the integrators.