U.S Consumers are Eager for the ‘Internet of Things’ in the Home, Survey Reveals
Savant, Hyannis, Mass., a smart home technology company, released new survey results revealing that more than half of consumers in the United States believe that home automation will be an everyday feature in less than 10 years from now, and nearly one-fourth saying that the technology will be an everyday feature in less than five years.
The survey further reveals that control/ease of use (69 percent) and convenience (58 percent) are the most important features for consumers when purchasing a new technology. Cost savings (41 percent) and safety and security (35 percent) were cited as the two primary considerations among consumers for the adoption of smart home automation systems.
“Consumers have spoken and want convenience and ease of use from their smart home technology said William J. Lynch, CEO, Savant. “For almost 10 years now, people with Savant Homes have seen how much easier automation makes their lives, and we are committed to bringing this experience to more and more homeowners.”
Other important survey findings include:
When considering the purchase of a new technology, consumers ranked the following attributes as very important:
- Ease of use (37 percent)
- Convenience (38 percent)
- Seamless integration (28 percent)
- Low environmental impact (24 percent)
- Personalization (32 percent)
- Nearly half (47 percent) of consumers rate personalization as extremely/very important when purchasing new technology.
- Women (49 percent) are more likely than men (34 percent) to find low environmental impact as extremely/very important when making a technology purchase.
- Consumers 50 or older (77 percent) are more likely than all other age groups (62 percent) to find simple control/easy to use as extremely/very important when purchasing new technology.
- Consumers between the ages of 35-49, along with those aged 65 or older, are more likely than younger consumers (18-24) to rank “cost savings” as their top consideration when purchasing new technology.
Learn more at www.savant.com