Security Central Becomes Five- Diamond Certified
The Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) announced that Security Central – Statesville, N.C., obtained the CSAA Five Diamond Central Station Certification.
This certification testifies that 100 percent of the company’s central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station On-Line Operator Training Course. These courses cover virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communications centers.
In order to achieve the Five Diamond Certification, each operator must have not only passed the course, but demonstrated:
- proficiency in alarm verification;
- proficiency in communications with public service answering points, such as the Emergency 911 centers;
- knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radio;
- an understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others; and
- proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
In addition, Five Diamond companies have demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their local community and their customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to 100 percent quality operator training.
There are approximately 2,700 central stations in the United States, which communicate and interact with the law enforcement, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than 200 central stations have achieved Five Diamond Certified status.