Trade Show News: Your ISC West Insider
ISC West is just around the corner. With more than 1,000 exhibitors and brands, it is the largest security industry tradeshow in the U.S.
The show will take place at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas April 5 through 8, including exhibition (Wednesday through Friday) and SIA Education (Tuesday through Thursday). More than 60 classes and multiple certifications will be available. The show is designed for dealers, installers, systems integrators, consultants and specifiers, and end users. New products and solutions range from access control and biometrics to systems integration, wireless security applications, home automation, burglar alarm and monitoring, and more.
The Security Industry Association (SIA) will be once again be hosting the New Product Showcase (NPS), designed to recognize innovative products, services and solutions in electronic physical security. Each year, the NPS recognizes winners in several categories and presents the Judges Choice and Best New Product awards. for more details and for application information, visit www.ISCWest.com/SIANPS.
Connected Security Expo is a conference-led event, taking place alongside ISC West. The event focuses on building a holistic security strategy for the connected enterprise, including looking at how physical and information security can be used to mitigate new and emerging cyberthreats in a hyper-connected world.
PSA Security Network is a sponsor and content collaborator at the Connected Security Expo. “The need for IT professionals and security integrators to work together has never been stronger,” said Bill Bozeman, president and CEO of PSA Security Network. “This event is an opportunity to bring these groups together for real conversations about how we can all work together to improve security on all fronts. This cause has been so important to PSA over the last year and we are beyond excited to be part of this event.”
The Connected Security Expo education advisory board includes Jeremy Brecher, vice president technology, electronic security, Diebold Inc.; Ed Adams, president and CEO, Security Innovation; Herb Kelsey, chief architect, Guardtime; and Godfrey Chua, principal analyst, Machina Research.
The organizers of the Connected Security Expo selected this year’s keynotes based on their insights on the convergence of physical and cyber security trends.
In a session titled “Reducing the Time to Detect Tamper: Physical Security’s Mission Against Cyber Threats,” Kelsey, chief architect, Guardtime, and Paul Rogers, president and CEO, Wurldtech Security Technologies and general manager of GE Industrial Cyber Security, will address the vulnerabilities derived from the Internet of Things, as well as the need of enterprise IT teams to converge to understand when their environments have been tampered with to quickly restore breaches. The speakers will also discuss how to align operational technology and IT security priorities and come together to update and modernize security to protect legacy infrastructure systems.
Matthew Rosenquist, Cyber Security Strategist, Intel Security, will speak on “The Future of Cyber Security,” discussing the challenges associated with cybersecurity. Rosenquist will outline the future of cybersecurity and discuss the challenges and opportunities it presents in 2016 and review ways to better address IT vulnerabilities.
SIA will be hosting a number of events designed to engage, educate and entertain attendees.
- The SIA Security Project Management Training Seminar will take place April 4–6 in room 405 of the Sands Convention Center.
- SIA Education@ISC is delivering 62 sessions, covering 14 specific tracks for security professionals April 5–7 in various room locations in the Sands Convention Center. Tracks include end user strategic management, video surveillance, security trends, end user IT issues and security sales.
- The Advance is the annual SIA Member Meeting. Attendees can listen to highlights of the last year, elect board members and learn about financial information. SIA officials will deliver remarks and recognize outstanding SIA contributions from the previous year. The Advance includes a free buffet lunch and a chance to win prizes. The meeting will take place April 5 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in rooms 505 and 506 of the Sands Convention Center.
- The Market Leaders Reception will be held April 5 from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the OMNIA Nightclub Las Vegas, Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino.
- The SIA New Product Showcase will recognize winners in several product and service categories and present the Judges’ Choice and Best New Product awards. SIA will make awards in more than 20 categories. The showcase will take place April 6 at 3 p.m. at the ISC West lobby stage in the Sands Convention Center.
- SIA will offer onsite computer-based testing for the CSPM certification on April 6 in Sands Convention Center room 405. Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 30.
- SIA Standards will present the SIA InteropFest and Cocktail Reception, a celebration of industry standardization and interoperability that will showcase the various efforts of the SIA Standards program. The reception will take place April 6 from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Sands Convention Center rooms 701 and 702.
The annual Security 5K/2K takes place April 7. All proceeds will be contributed to Mission 500, an organization dedicated to sponsoring and saving children through the World Vision humanitarian organization. To sign up, learn more or contribute, visit www.security5k.com.
For information about the Connected Security Expo, visit www.connectedsecurityexpo.com. For information about SIA, visit www.securityindustry.org. For information about ISC West, visit www.iscwest.com.