ISC West, the largest security industry tradeshow in the U.S. with more than 1,000 exhibitors, will take place April 11-13, 2018 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas.
The grand opening ceremony will take place April 11, from 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the west main stage, and each day will have special events, including the Security 5K Run/2K Walk.
ISC West’s SIA Education@ISC will include more than 85 accredited sessions, covering a range of industry topics. SIA Education@ISC will kick off a day prior to the exhibits, on April 10.
Through its partnership with SIA, ISC West has organized a comprehensive program for attendees from all industries, roles and functions across physical, IT and IoT security. Sample sessions include:
• How Advanced IoT Technology Can Create the Connected Workplace of the Future — This session will provide a model for implementing an end-to-end IoT ecosystem and how to leverage its predictive benefits to improve efficiency and security.
• You Are the Password: Frictionless Biometric Security — This session will define where we are with biometrics, how it’s changing the way we interact and transact and how its increasing popularity will impact our relationship with physical devices.
• Active Shooter Workshop — This hands-on workshop teaches how to protect and defend from a communications and infrastructure perspective.
• Another Brick in the Firewall: Security Leaders Discuss the Elements of Complete Cyber Protection — Experts across intelligent power, surveillance, access control, identity management and cyber security will address cyber topics.
• Case Study of Law Enforcement Uses of UAVs — Listen to a firsthand account of how the Nevada Highway Patrol has pioneered the use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to investigate motor vehicle crashes. A case study will be presented showing the capabilities of UAVs to speed up on-scene investigations, allowing roadways to be cleared faster.
“Each year, our mission is to provide attendees with the knowledge, strategies and tactics they need to fight emerging threats, straight from industry experts who are experiencing the same security concerns,” said Will Wise, group vice president of the ISC security portfolio at Reed Exhibitions. “This year is no exception; we’re providing education covering everything from access and ID management to connected security to video surveillance to unmanned systems to IoT and AI, and more. We’re looking forward to continuing to provide that expert-level thought leadership we’re known for and to help cross-functional teams learn and collaborate.”
SIA also will host a variety of networking engagements, mostly exclusive to SIA members. If your company is a SIA member, you now can register for these networking opportunities free of charge, SIA announced.