Lutron Electronics, a provider of energy-saving wireless lighting and shade control, has announced the winners of its annual Excellence Award competition as well as the newest additions to the Lutron Hall of Fame. The announcements were made on Thursday, Sept. 15th, in Dallas, in conjunction with the CEDIA tradeshow.
Established in 2003, the Lutron Excellence Awards competition recognizes the world’s best total-home control projects using Lutron light, shade, and temperature controls, appliance modules, third-party equipment and more. More than 100 of Lutron’s residential system providers have been honored since the competition’s introduction.
The 2016 Excellence Award winners are:
- Best Commercial Project – Xssentials (Denver)
- Best Integration of Outdoor Lighting – Smart Home Systems (Bozeman, Mont.)
- Outstanding Showroom Experience – One Button (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- Outstanding Use of Energy Efficient Products – Conundrum Technologies (Avon, Colo.)
- Best Engineered System – Electronic Lifestyle Associates (Elmhurst, Ill.)
- Essence of Pleasance – 3Logic (Krakow, Poland)
- Best Interior Lighting Design – Gramophone (Timonium, Md.)
- Best Integrated Home – Multi-Systems (Vienna, Va.)
- Best Shade Installation/Design – Atlantic Security (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Best Use of Lutron Sensors – Elliston Systems (Dallas)
- Best Wireless Project – Premiere Systems (Chicago)
- Project of the Year – Santa Barbara Smarthomes (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
- Most Challenging Shade Installation – Powerfull Systems (Los Angeles)
In 2009, the Lutron Hall of Fame was created to recognize excellence and dedication in the marketplace. Potential inductees are evaluated on several components: years of doing business with Lutron, loyalty, reputation, dedication to their business, market expansion efforts, execution of initiatives, project innovations using Lutron products and revenue growth.
The 2016 Lutron Hall of Fame inductees are:
- Audio Video Crafts (Long Island City, N.Y.)
- Maverick Integration (Waltham, Md.)