ADT Unveils Home Automation, Cyber Security Solutions at CES
ADT, SDM’s 2017 Dealer of the Year, unveiled several new offerings at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Jan 9-12 in Las Vegas. ADT now offers protection not only at home, but on the go and within their digital network as well.
“Advancements in technology has not only changed the way we live, but it has positively improved our ability to provide comprehensive security to those inside, and now outside, of the home,” said Jay Darfler, senior vice president, emerging markets at ADT. “ADT is making a significant step toward bringing safety and convenience to all by making it easier for families to stay connected and protected through intuitive apps, and launching cyber services that will redefine the idea of total security.”
New home offerings include:
- Samsung SmartThings and ADT: Announced in October 2017 and available at Best Buy, this DIY security solution from Samsung and ADT gives consumers the ability to create a safe and secure home, and grow their connected home ecosystem as their needs evolve.
- ADT Video Doorbell: ADT Pulse, the company’s professionally installed home security and automation platform, will showcase a new video doorbell integrated into its ecosystem. Beginning in February 2018, customers will be able to access all key features of their security and automation system in one mobile app experience, from unlocking doors to disarming their security system, as well as creating triggered events once the doorbell is engaged.
- Google Home: Beginning in the spring of 2018, ADT will expand their voice control offering of ADT Pulse automations to Google Home, allowing those customers utilizing Google Voice Assistant to integrate ADT security automation skills on the platform.
New people offerings include:
- ADT Go: Created in partnership with trusted locator and communication tool Life360, ADT Go is a mobile app with 24/7 SOS emergency response from live monitoring agents. Additional features include family check-in and location geo-fencing capabilities, activity history, battery life alerts, crash detection and real-time local crime data.
- ADT Health: ADT, Reemo Health and Samsung have teamed together to provide customers with wellness data, connectivity and an ADT professionally-monitored personal emergency response system (PERS) on the Samsung Gear S2 and S3 Gear smartwatches. Gear S2 or S3 can also track fitness trends, including steps and heart rate, encouraging seniors to stay active.
New network offerings include:
ADT Cybersecurity: In 2018, ADT will be expanding its award-winning monitoring to cyber security, providing services to protect residential customer networks and data from virtual threats. Looking beyond the threats of the physical premise, ADT Cybersecurity will protect customers from hackers, dangerous malware and potential breaches that threaten their personal data. The new set of products and services will include personal data and identity protection, mobile, Web and email protection, home Internet and device protection and help, resolution and insurance, designed to mitigate risk and keep information safe.
CES attendees who visit ADT’s booth will have the opportunity to participate in a cyber security quiz, testing knowledge and providing tips on how to better defend from an attack. Visitors can also pick up a “passport” at the ADT welcome desk to receive a stamp after each kiosk “stop” to be entered in a once-a-day prize drawing, ranging from an Amazon Echo Spot to a Samsung VR headset and more.
ADT is located at booth 4250 in Sands Hall B at the Sands Expo Convention Center in Las Vegas.