AFAA Announces 2018 Annual Meeting and Codes Conference
AFAA’s Annual Meeting and Codes Conference, which is celebrating 65 years, will be held at the Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing May 21-24.
Registration is open, and AFAA encourages attendees to bring a spouse or guest. The deadline for hotel registration is April 27.
AFAA reported the conference will offer an engaging and informative program with formal and informal opportunities to build professional networks, allowing attendees “to learn, reflect and engage with colleagues from around the country.”
This year’s education sessions include:
- Hospital Fire Alarm System Analysis and Design – A Case Study
- Fire Alarm Interface of Smoke Dampers
- NFPA 241
- The Impact that NFPA Water Based Standards Will Have on Fire Alarm Systems
- Leadership and Team Building: How Can One Degree of Change Save an Organization?
- Fire Alarm System Fundamentals
- Surviving Survivability – A User’s Guide to Survivable Fire Alarm Circuits
- Reducing Unwanted Alarms Through Plan Review and Inspection – an AHJ Perspective
- Purposefully Delayed Fire Alarm Notification
- The National Disability Rights Network and the Fire Alarm Industry / Updates
- Fire Protection Systems in the International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- NFPA 4 CAMs
- Using the IoT Concept
- Changes to the 2018 ICC and NFPA Models Codes
- NFPA 72 Changes
AFAA will be hosting private daytime events for spouses and guests of conference attendees on Tuesday May 22 and Wednesday May 23.
The conference will also host a private dinner cruise aboard the Spirit of Philadelphia and will offer CEU credit for Engineers, NICET and others.
To learn more, visit http://afaa.org/Industry-Events/AFAA-Annual-Meeting-and-Codes-Conference-Home.