The Monitoring Association announced the 12 finalists for the 2018 TMA Excellence Awards. Listed in alphabetical order by company within each category, they are:
- Monitoring Center of the Year Finalists: ADT, Affiliated Monitoring, Vector Security
- Monitoring Center Operator of the Year Finalists: Duane Hilton, ADT; Linda Reed, Dynamark; Patricia Fody, Vector Security
- Monitoring Center Manager of the Year Finalists: Shari Wilson, ADT; Carmelo Mosca, Affiliated Monitoring; Bill Fisher, UAS
- Monitoring Center Support Person of the Year Finalists: Beth Bailey, ADT; Lamar Shroyer, Dynamark; Boris Pejic, G4S
“We congratulate our finalists for being recognized as the best of the best,” said Elizabeth Lasko, vice president of communications, TMA. “Our judges really had a challenging time choosing the finalists, let alone the winners, from all the nominations. Our applicants all submitted stories that clearly demonstrate the breadth of excellence in companies and individuals across our industry.”
The TMA Monitoring Center Excellence Awards recognize any FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL or UL-listed monitoring center (TMA members and non-members) and outstanding personnel who perform in the highest professional manner, thereby making a significant contribution to the betterment of the alarm industry and the alarm profession, while demonstrating exceptional service to their customers and community.
The purpose of the awards program is to:
- Establish and promote the inherent value of professional monitoring services in general.
- Honor those who have made the most significant contributions to the service.
- Promote the distinct level of professionalism attained by NRTL-approved monitoring centers.
The TMA Monitoring Center Excellence Awards are co-sponsored by SDM Magazine, which will publish a feature story on the winners in August. Entries are judged by a blue-ribbon volunteer judging panel appointed by TMA. The four winners will be announced at the opening reception of the 2018 Electronic Security Expo (ESX) on Tuesday, June 19, 2018. To review past winners and for more information, visit www.tma.us.