The Monitoring Association (TMA) announced the 12 finalists for the 2019 TMA Excellence Awards. Listed in alphabetical order by company within each category, they are:
2019 TMA Monitoring Center of the Year
1. CPI Security Systems
2. Guardian Protection
3. Lydia Security Monitoring (COPS Monitoring)
2019 TMA Manager of the Year
1. Tracy Ehrsam, Habitec Security
2. Patricia Morse, Richmond Alarm Company
3. Sarah Murphy, Sonitrol of Fresno (Kimberlite Corp.)
2019 TMA Operator of the Year
1. Cierra Cannon, Universal Atlantic Systems
2. Jane Starkey, Habitec Security
3. Charles White, Affiliated Monitoring Inc.
2019 TMA Support Person of the Year
1. Adam Crowe, Alarm Systems
2. Ben Perry, Universal Atlantic Systems
3. Robert Rodriguez, Affiliated Monitoring Inc.
“Each year, we take tremendous pride in recognizing monitoring centers who demonstrate their commitment to excellence, as well as those working in key support roles within the monitoring industry whose dedication, skills, and abilities set them apart from their peers,” said Leigh A. McGuire, director of marketing and communications, TMA. “Our finalists this year represent the best–in-class within the monitoring industry today and we extend our sincere congratulations to each company and professional.”
The TMA Monitoring Center Excellence Awards recognize any FM approvals, Intertek/ETL or UL-listed monitoring center (TMA members and non-members) and outstanding personnel who perform in the highest professional manner, thereby making a significant contribution to the betterment of the alarm industry and the alarm profession while demonstrating exceptional service to their customers and community.
The purpose of the awards program is to:
• establish and promote the inherent value of professional monitoring services in general.
• honor those who have made the most significant contributions to the service.
• promote the distinct level of professionalism attained by NRTL-approved monitoring centers.
The TMA Monitoring Center Excellence Awards are co-sponsored by SDM Magazine, which will publish a feature story on the winners in its August 2019 issue. Entries are judged by a blue-ribbon volunteer judging panel appointed by TMA. The four winners will be announced at the opening reception of the 2019 Electronic Security Expo (ESX) on June 3, 2019. To see last year's winners and more, visit www.SDMmag.com/CSAACentralStationExcellenceAwards or www.tma.us.